3GB LTE in one day ???!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youspork, Oct 5, 2012.

1. youspork macrumors newbie

So I just got my iPhone at 8pm this evening, been playing around for 4-5 hours downloading apps and watching videos. And then I see this.... Any explanations ??

Attached Files:

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

the iphone 5 had a problem wherein it used LTE instead of Wifi, even if it showed wifi.

Go to about phone and update your software. Fixed the problem.

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

That's a lot of playing around. Explanation? . . . Without more details, it appears that you used a bunch of data.

4. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Seems like you did a lot of video streaming which is a major bandwidth hog. Same with apps. Nothing really seems out of the realm of possibility with your usage.

5. darkside flow macrumors 6502

Completely possible. How many apps? How long were the videos? Did you set up your phone from an iCloud backup?

6. youspork thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually didn't even use wifi, I thought my 6GB per month would be well enough.

----------

Downloaded like 30 apps on LTE, watched 20-30 minutes of HD video and iCloud backup all on LTE. So I guess that explains it XD

7. albertsw macrumors regular

What do you expect!!!! Why would you do iCloud backups on LTE.

8. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

My iCloud backup is 330 MB so yeah that's a decent amount right there. HD video is a no too. Gotta conserve unfortunately. :)

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

iCloud backup is likely the culprit. I think you will find that things will level off after you've had the phone for a while. Today I streamed two albums (Linkin Park and Muse), uploaded a ton of pics, watched some YouTube, and used Turn by Turn directions, all on LTE. Used about 130mb.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Very easy to burn through 3 gigs when LTE is probably faster than your home internet ;)

11. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I thought iCloud backups could not be made over LTE?

12. czar44 macrumors member

Let my girls tether to stream Netflix today on the car for about an hour and burned through about 600MB. Used nearly a gig today between that, GPS, mail, some web browsing, etc.

13. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Icloud backups are not possible over 3g (4s here), dont see any reason why they will enable over LTE cause im sure the reason is to prevent people with limited data plans to not get ****ed.

Op can you manually do icloud backup on lte?