3GB LTE in one day ???!?

youspork

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
So I just got my iPhone at 8pm this evening, been playing around for 4-5 hours downloading apps and watching videos. And then I see this.... Any explanations ??

Attachments

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
the iphone 5 had a problem wherein it used LTE instead of Wifi, even if it showed wifi.

Go to about phone and update your software. Fixed the problem.

Comment

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
So I just got my iPhone at 8pm this evening, been playing around for 4-5 hours downloading apps and watching videos. And then I see this.... Any explanations ??
That's a lot of playing around. Explanation? . . . Without more details, it appears that you used a bunch of data.

Comment

motoracer1486

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2006
Seems like you did a lot of video streaming which is a major bandwidth hog. Same with apps. Nothing really seems out of the realm of possibility with your usage.

Comment

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
Completely possible. How many apps? How long were the videos? Did you set up your phone from an iCloud backup?

Comment

youspork

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
the iphone 5 had a problem wherein it used LTE instead of Wifi, even if it showed wifi.

Go to about phone and update your software. Fixed the problem.
I actually didn't even use wifi, I thought my 6GB per month would be well enough.

----------

Completely possible. How many apps? How long were the videos? Did you set up your phone from an iCloud backup?
Downloaded like 30 apps on LTE, watched 20-30 minutes of HD video and iCloud backup all on LTE. So I guess that explains it XD

Comment

albertsw

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
I actually didn't even use wifi, I thought my 6GB per month would be well enough.

----------

Downloaded like 30 apps on LTE, watched 20-30 minutes of HD video and iCloud backup all on LTE. So I guess that explains it XD
What do you expect!!!! Why would you do iCloud backups on LTE.

Comment

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
iCloud backup is likely the culprit. I think you will find that things will level off after you've had the phone for a while. Today I streamed two albums (Linkin Park and Muse), uploaded a ton of pics, watched some YouTube, and used Turn by Turn directions, all on LTE. Used about 130mb.

Comment

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Very easy to burn through 3 gigs when LTE is probably faster than your home internet ;)

Comment

czar44

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Let my girls tether to stream Netflix today on the car for about an hour and burned through about 600MB. Used nearly a gig today between that, GPS, mail, some web browsing, etc.

Comment

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I thought iCloud backups could not be made over LTE?
Icloud backups are not possible over 3g (4s here), dont see any reason why they will enable over LTE cause im sure the reason is to prevent people with limited data plans to not get ****ed.

Op can you manually do icloud backup on lte?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.