3mb glitch need help

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by visii, Apr 10, 2017.

1. visii macrumors newbie

so i tried upping my computers graphics card mb but it didnt work now when i go look at about this mac it says
    graphics: display 7mb
    i did not make a back up before i did this so i need someone to get me step by step on how to get back i can hardly use my computer with this lag (mac mini late 2011)

2. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

Please tell us exactly what you did. How did you try to raise your graphics card's memory allocation? How much RAM is installed in your mini? Which version of OS X are you running? :apple:

Did you get information about this mod from a thread like this one? https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-hd3000-graphics.1766384/page-5#post-24480481

In that thread and others, many people break their machines while trying to increase their video RAM. Then they struggle to restore their Macs to proper operating condition. Until we provide specific advice, you can scan their stories for ideas about where to start.

3. ryguy92000 macrumors regular

ryguy92000

it is not possible to modify the VRAM in a mac mini without a board level micro soldering. Please verify the machine you are doing this on.

4. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

The 2011 uses normal system RAM for graphics memory. You can change how much of the system RAM is reserved for the GPU. See the link in post #2.