Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
hey guys so I have some questions about using apple care+ for my iPhone 13 pro max. What if the phone is shattered again after using up the 2-times apple care+ accidental coverage? can i still get the $99 replacement or how much do i have to pay?

Thanks

Reactions: Ram65

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
hey guys so I have some questions about using apple care+ for my iPhone 13 pro max. What if the phone is shattered again after using up the 2-times apple care+ accidental coverage? can i still get the $99 replacement or how much do i have to pay?

Thanks
You'll have to pay full out of warranty replacement cost of whatever needs to be fixed. Front screen is $329, rear glass is either $599 for entire device replacement or if they can do just a rear case assembly(can't find price on Apple support website).

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017

Thanks

Nope. You get 2 a year. A third one will cost you full price.

What the heck are you doing to damage a phone THREE times?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Nope. You get 2 a year. A third one will cost you full price.

What the heck are you doing to damage a phone THREE times?

Good question. I’ve been using iPhones for 7 years and have never even cracked a single screen. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he’s playing football with the phone as the ball?

Ram65

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014

Thanks
Get a otterbox case on that phone asap and stop being careless smh

Last edited by a moderator:

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
I don't get why people are so enamored with the outer looks of their iPhones. The only portion I need to see is the screen, so the rest is always protected by an Otterbox Defender case. I've been using iPhones since the iPhone 5 and I’ve never even scratched one, much less cracked a screen. Buy a good protective case. That is the best insurance you can get for an iPhone.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I don't get why people are so enamored with the outer looks of their iPhones. The only portion I need to see is the screen, so the rest is always protected by an Otterbox Defender case. I've been using iPhones since the iPhone 5 and I’ve never even scratched one, much less cracked a screen. Buy a good protective case. That is the best insurance you can get for an iPhone.
I use Otterbox Defender cases on my iPads and consider them the best in terms of protection. I also used one for a year with my 12 Mini which kept it in mint “as-new” condition. I do like my gadgets to look good though so the only downside is the bulkiness of the case which is also not very stylish.

The minimum protection, in my opinion, should be a clear gel case & a tempered glass screen protector. You can see all the beauty of the phone, attain added grip, and have 95% of all the protection offered by something like an Otterbox Defender… all the positives of having the phone look as good as a naked phone & literally no drawbacks.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012

Thanks
I know in Canada you get two incidents per 12 month period and if it is the same in your country just wait until the 12 months have passed then use another incident at that point.

Reactions: Jeven Stobs

Jeven Stobs

Suspended
Apr 8, 2022
You'll have to pay full out of warranty replacement cost of whatever needs to be fixed. Front screen is $329, rear glass is either $599 for entire device replacement or if they can do just a rear case assembly(can't find price on Apple support website).
I believe the rear glass can (still) not be removed and they replace the entire back (everything but the screen).

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Thanks
It would be cheaper to buy a new phone at this point...

Also, might I suggest you buy a good case that protects against whatever you subject your phone too.

Reactions: Jeven Stobs

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I believe the rear glass can (still) not be removed and they replace the entire back (everything but the screen).
Apple absolutely won't replace just the rear glass.. They now offer an entire rear case assembly which contains everything except the logic board, display, rear cameras etc. I just couldn't find the cost and available models the repair includes on the Apple website..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.