4.2.1: Am I the only one.....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hello.there, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Hello.there, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

.....who's having no problems at all and is loving the update (especially folders)?

:confused:

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Nope

Count me in!

I especially love AirPrint on my HP ePrint printer!!!! Yea!!

3. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Haven't tried it out yet, looking forward to it!

4. steveapp macrumors member

Same here, it's all good so far, including a few improvements I hadn't read about, the browser coping better on pages with loads of images, reloading pages when switching windows for example.

So far the only negative is the orientation loch button switching to the swiped task panel, though having the screen brightness there is a nice bonus too

10/10 then so far

S

5. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Took a little while to get everything nicely into folders, but now my springboard is down to just 2 Pages.

So far, it's working great for me.

6. itouch rulz macrumors regular

Ay, you have to watch that "orientation loch". Can be a bit foggy and murky this time of year and you might come across old Nessy.

7. Reluctant Adept macrumors member

You're not the only one

I think it really delivers on the promise of the device. Quick app switching and AirPlay are both really welcome additions, as is the unified inbox, searching inside Safari pages, and so on and so forth. It's also a slew of fixes that make my iPad experience better all around: it's great to have Safari able to keep a handful of pages open without constantly reloading, and it's nice to see the number of pages open indicated in Safari's toolbar again.

8. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Still waiting on my update to download--22 minutes left.

I had MAJOR problems getting this ish going, at first the update wouldn't recognize iPad, then I reverted to 10.0.1 and it wouldn't update correctly (error 732 I believe) so then I uninstalled everything for a 3rd freaking time and reinstalled 10.1...it recognized the iPad (thank god!) and is now downloading.

I'm awaiting it's finish and install. I'll let you guys know how it goes :eek:

9. donw35 macrumors regular

donw35

all good here, 4.2.1

now I need more time to get everything into folders

10. chuckm1020 macrumors regular

Love it so far. Only issue I am having is with airplay. When trying to play music from iPad to apple tv it lags pretty good time to time. :(

11. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

where are the folders? it looks like the only thing that changed on mine was the game center and the mute button

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If you got apps you want to put in a folder, drag one onto another.

13. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

what about multi tasking?

14. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

For multitasking, double tap the home button. Whatever you have running will show up in the grey space you see.
    Swipe to see more...swipe to the right (page goes to left) to reveal orientation lock, ipod controls and brightness control.

iPad update went well this time (after 3 tries, lol)

Everything went into folders just fine and she's asleep now awaiting her trip for Thanksgiving Show and Tell :p

Let me just say I LOVE this forum!:D

15. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I am absolutely loving this update. Makes the iPad a very capable device. My only complaint is that the AIM app still has to reconnect every time you open it, even when doing fast app switching (multitasking). Does anyone know if this can be addressed in a future update, or if it is a restriction of the API's allowed to run in the background?

Double click the home button and you'll see a list of your open applications. Hold down to get the option to close them out, or just leave them as the OS does a good job of managing resources.

Swipe to the right to get access to orientation lock, brightness, and volume controls.

[Edit - Someone beat me to it]

16. Billboard macrumors newbie

I like the new features...but, the iPad doesn't show any updates available in the App Store even though iTunes on the PC lists 6 updates. Is anyone else experiencing this?

17. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

I hate this update. Spent past hour deciding how to organize my apps in folders.

18. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

My Printer doesn't support AirPrint, but I installed the AirPrint Hacktivator (FREE!!!) and now it prints great! So far I have printed from Pages and iAnnotate.

19. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Very happy overall. My only gripe is that music video playlists still don't work. Seriously, its on iPhone now. Has been for years.

20. ArsDigitalis macrumors newbie

cannot upgrade my iPad. I already downloaded the new software but cannot sync it with the device.
    Help. Ideas?

21. devinh macrumors member

devinh

HP eprint compatible?

How do I know my HP printer is AirPrint compatible? I have the HP OfficeJet 8500 Wireless. I have it wirelessly connected to my router. Any ideas?

22. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

An idea - consult Apple's website - http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airprint.html

Looks like the Officejet is not supported, though there are programs out there you can install to enable the functionality you're looking for.

23. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

24. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

25. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

It's crazy how fast my iPad works now. There is no lag whatsoever in any app, including games. AWESOME UPDATE. :)