4.2.1 Greenpois0n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dwalls90, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Dwalls90, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Everyone is getting impatient .. but what makes no sense, is that the team mentioned that the 4.2.1 exploit utilized in Greenpois0n has been closed in 4.3. That said, why are they waiting? 4.3 is going to be released in +/- 2 weeks.

This makes no sense ...

EDIT: greenpois0n rc5 (4.2.1 compatible):

http://greenpois0n.com/

2. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

We'll never know what really passes in the minds of the members of the jailbreak teams. Maybe they didn't have a 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak? Maybe it has lot of bugs? Maybe it was just to make them look a little more famous?

All we can do is wait and... wait. :)

3. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

All of the above.

Attached Files:

4. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

what's stupid is that on redmondpie the team has a video of the ability for greenpoison to boot up an animated startup video..i mean seriously, why waste your time on that, just get that sh#t out!

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Which is why I don't read iphone blogs like that. Nothing to say I can't find out from twitter myself.

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

If you read the twitter account of those that have written the package and are testing it you will find that it is not yet completed. There is a difference between doing a demo on Utube and having a solid package that can be released to be used by any dumb user.

The package must be made robust and failsafe and they said they are not waiting on anything as soon as it is solid it will be released.

7. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Yeha, they mentioned they back-burnered GP when GeoHot released limera1n.

8. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

...Until then, I'll happily stay jailbroken on 4.1.

9. nebo1ss, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

nebo1ss macrumors 68030

This has nothing to do with the backburned Exploit that was originally planned for use in Greenpo1son.

The Green poison that was eventually released some months ago has two exploits.

1. A bootrom exploit which is the Geohot Limera1n exploit.
    2. A userland exploit which is what makes it untethered.

Apple patched the userland exploit and hence they will be using a different one this time.

Hence the new GP will have the same Geohot bootrom exploit plus a new userland to make it untethered.

10. CZK macrumors 6502a

Animated boot logo is priority number 1!! It will be released later in 2014 i believe.

11. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Recycling jokes I see

12. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I guess that's true.. 4.3 and 4.2.1 don't really have compellng features..

13. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Same here. I'm really not in a huge rush to upgrade to 4.2.1.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

A paycheck and a boss would give them a sense of urgency. As it is now, they'll do what they want, when they damn well please.

Just had a thought: What if Apple slipped them some $$ to sit on their cracks (no pun intended) indefinitely? Doubtful, but they're holding out for something.

15. CZK macrumors 6502a

Sure good sir. SUUURRRE

16. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Isn't that what this site is all about?

17. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

If they wanted money they could sell the jb for 20.00. I would pay them in a second. They earned it IMO

18. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Same here. Especially if it meant they could do this professionally instead of in their free time, so we'd see the results faster.

19. TJone macrumors 6502a

I will happily stay on 4.1 until I get Apple TV. I don't care when it comes out I am just happy they are working on it.

20. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Share with the class why you believe this?

21. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

What do you consider compelling features if AirPlay, HDR and Personal Hotspot aren't!? ... a new notifications system is obvious, but what besides that?

22. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Actually that's a good point I haven't seen anyone else mention. Money talks, and Apple's taken a VERY aggressive stance against JB'ing lately. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Either way, I'm over hearing about "almost..." every day since Christmas. Don't speak if you don't have something to release. Can you imagine how much negative press Microsoft would get if they tweeted every day that they're almost going to release Office 2009 every day for months? Yeah, annoying!

23. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I rarely reply to one of these types of posts but I just felt like I needed to or more exactly wanted to.

Seriously, who cares if it's announced for Christmas, New Year's Day, Groundhog's Day, Easter or whenever. So what if they've missed their own deadline. They do it for the fun of it and for free.

Crying, complaining, begging, and pleading doesn't make it come out faster. Saying they're incompetent or Apple is paying them doesn't make it come out faster.

If you want to upgrade then upgrade. If you want to stay at 4.1, stay at 4.1

So you have an AppleTv and can't upgrade and jailbreak, choose your poison. Upgrade and wait until the jailbreak is ready.

Would I like to upgrade and retain my jailbreak, yes. Am I going to beg for it on forums and Twitter, no. I'll wait patiently.

If you want your jailbreak so bad, learn programming and hacking and make your own jailbreak and then release it for free or charge for it. Its' yours.

Peace said :p

24. bella92108 macrumors 68000

or "Piece"

25. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Let's say they have jobs, and work the same amount people normally do. That's roughly 40 hours a week each, that in theory, could be added to the JB process. Compound that over a few people and over a couple of weeks and the time is substantial, not only for finding new exploits, but for squashing bugs incredibly quickly.