4.3 update causes corrupted WiFi icon?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mkss55442, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mkss55442 macrumors newbie

I have a stock Touch 4G and did the 4.3 update last night. Most of the time when I come out of standby, the WiFi icon is corrupted while the lock screen is showing. Anyone else seeing this?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Screen cap?

3. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Some people got the same problems, they find something wrong with status bar, it may be the bug in ios4.3:(

4. SanibelMan macrumors member

I noticed some visual distortions after upgrading to 4.3 on my 4G 8GB iPod Touch. When I got a calendar notification, there was some flickering and color distortion on the screen, and then later I noticed some artifacts near the top of the screen when playing my iPod. I don't have screenshots, though, sorry.

5. patp Guest

I have this also. The wi fi icon is distorted. Nothing performance wise is affected. Just visual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Komentra macrumors member

I also have a touch 4g and also have a corrupted Wifi icon. I also sometimes get the same corruptions on push notifications.

7. donlab macrumors 6502

donlab

me too

I've restored twice. I thought it was a corrupt .ipsw so I deleted and downloaded again.

Distortion:
    Pop up messages
    Wifi icon
    battery icon

8. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

Some screenshots are needed.

Press the home button and hold it then tap the sleep/wake button to take one.

9. Komentra macrumors member

I'll try to get some next time I see it happening. It's hard to do because it doesn't happen every single time and doesn't last very long.

10. Brradley macrumors member

I also have these problems. I tried to take a screenshot, but it just showed it correctly as it should be without distortion.

I also realised it sometimes happens on the multitasking iPod buttons.

11. ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

12. Komentra macrumors member

The entire top bar (says iPod, shows signal, battery) was doing this and I took a screenshot but the shot doesn't show any of the problems. I've taken about six now and they all turn out normal.

13. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

Well that shut me up, I got it today as I had a calendar alert for a meeting and sure enough the blue panel on the lock screen was flickering crazily. A screenshot only gave what it should look like.

14. caribou123 macrumors member

Note. Using this "logic" the following events did not happen, because there are no pictures of them.

The American Revolutionary War

The assassination of President Lincoln

Yes, much is SAID and WRITTEN about these events, but like the ipod Wifi icon issues, there are no pics so of course, they didn't happen.

We now return to reality.

15. ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

Well sorry... my post was a joke BTW. Anyway... If you CAN take pictures TODAY, why not? It's not like you can't take a friggin iPod touch screenshot.

We now return to the TECHNOLOGY ADVANCING ERA.

ps. that also was a joke, no reason to be mad :)

16. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

I noticed one flickering notification on the lock screen. I did try to get a screenshot, but I couldn't before it stopped.

17. mattgoldey macrumors member

One more having video corruption issues on lock-screen notifications and the WiFi icon.

It's damn-near impossible to get a screenshot. It doesn't happen every time and when it does, it's only for a second or two.

It started when I updated to iOS 4.3 on release day.

18. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

I too saw the flickering notifications, corrupted wifi icon, corrupted spinning wheel icon, distortion when I press the iPod controls on the multitasking bar, and a battery life that is reduced by 1 percent every few minutes with push notifications off, wifi off, no programs running in the background. All in a few hours of usage.

19. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

i have some problems in the Photos app after updating...
    sometimes the Camera Roll is stuck behind the Albums heading and I can't access it even when I scroll down.

also, yeah, there's distortion on the lock screen once in a while.
    normally, it happens when an app is running (eg infinity blade) or when i receive a notification.
    so a temporary fix would be: CLOSING THE APP BEFORE LOCKING THE SCREEN.
    Kinda sucks. :/

20. patp Guest

What I'm getting now is a on the lock screen te lock icon in the status bar flickers.

Tried to screenshot but it didn't catch the movement of the flicker.

21. mkss55442 thread starter macrumors newbie

I took a look on the Apple community forums. There are a couple of threads where others are experiencing the same issue. One suggestion is to disable the auto-brightness control (in Settings). I hope I'm not jinxing it, but so far that has worked for me.

22. Neebee macrumors 6502a

23. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Maybe we can made a conclusion: ios 4.3 sucks!:mad:

24. patp Guest

taking a screenshot seems to have corrected any weird display issues on the status bar. Funny thing is, I was taking the screen shot to show you guys the flickering icon. Pic didn't show the flicker, but now the flicker is gone.

may just be a coincidence.

25. neuropsychguy macrumors 6502a

neuropsychguy

I get the same artifacts on my 4th gen 32GB iPod Touch with 4.3. I can't take screenshots of it because taking the screenshots results in the clearing of the artifacts.