Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
I picked up my 6+ on Saturday the day after launch. My 14 days return policy is coming up on 10 days. I love this phone, especially the battery, I'm also somewhat of a "power user". However I constantly go back and forth between keeping my 6+ or returning it for the regular 6. I want to keep the 6+ but just fear it won't fit into my lifestyle in the long term, and that I might possibly be happier with the 6. Then as I said I also love the 6+, especially the battery and the screen quality. Carrying it in the pocket is not really an issue, what I am concerned about is the one hand use at 8.5" hand span and how giant the phone gets adding a case. Gripping this phone is not much of an issue after I added ZAGG type shield on the whole phone. I've looked at numerous reviews and read countless threads. I know it comes down to personal preference however it's such a hard decision as many of you have posted on these forums.

What did all of you do, which phone should I keep?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
if you're really unsure, i would recommend selling the 6+. you can still probably sell it for above retail and use the money to buy a 6. test that out for a couple weeks. if you like it better, then great, keep the device. if you realize the 6+ was for you after all, return the six and order a 6+ (but you'll have to wait).

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
if you're really unsure, i would recommend selling the 6+. you can still probably sell it for above retail and use the money to buy a 6. test that out for a couple weeks. if you like it better, then great, keep the device. if you realize the 6+ was for you after all, return the six and order a 6+ (but you'll have to wait).

Yeah that's the thing. I'm still within my return period however if I return the 6+ then realize I made a mistake it will be a long wait for another 6+.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
I have both at my disposal as I bought my gf a 6 and have a 6 plus.

Ive used the 6 for about a week and I loved it but I felt it was lacking in battery life and screen resolution.

Im short and can't one hand the device but I deal with the larger phone.

Using it as a gps is also really nice!

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
After I my 6Plus got here I started to realize just how important one-handed use was to me (texting, surfing , taking pictures) and that's what made me switch to the 6. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having the 6Plus.
As a matter of fact the speaker on both my wife's and my iPhone 6 is much better than the 6Plus I had. They are both louder and deeper. So that was a nice bonus.
You just have to figure out what's more important to you in a phone.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Unless it's an unlocked phone you won't get much money trying to resell it so exchange would be the best option.

I exchanged 2 iPhone 6 Pluses and I don't regret it one bit. If you have doubts about the 6 Plus then you should already know something is wrong. When it the last time you bought an iPhone and were unhappy with parts of it (from the last version)?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I have a feeling based on what you said that you would find the 6 to be really small to you once you get your hands on it.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
4 days left, 6+ or regular 6?

Unless it's an unlocked phone you won't get much money trying to resell it so exchange would be the best option.

I exchanged 2 iPhone 6 Pluses and I don't regret it one bit. If you have doubts about the 6 Plus then you should already know something is wrong. When it the last time you bought an iPhone and were unhappy with parts of it (from the last version)?

This is true. I was thinking what I should do just to be safe is get the iPhone 6 then have it for a year or 2, whenever I decide to upgrade and if I felt having a 4.7 screen was too small then I'd go with the plus next round. Of course you know apple will come out with a 5.1 or so screen size next which would be ideal id say. However I would know and have more power to make this decision after having a 4.7 in for a year/2. I definitely felt my iPhone 5 was way too small while owning it so if I got the same feeling with the 4.7 like I explained I could make the change next round to a plus or whatever apple calls it in the future.

I have a feeling based on what you said that you would find the 6 to be really small to you once you get your hands on it.

Yes I know I already feel my sisters 6 is way too small after holding it a few times. I probably just think that way though because I've been using my plus for over a week already. Decisions decisions.

jurob

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
Having been an iPhone user for years I had to leave because they were just too small and the androids were getting better.

I was due for an upgrade last year, but waited till the new 6's came out. Love them both, but the 6- was barely bigger than my droid.

6+ all the way for me. Yes it's big, but I love it.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
This is true. I was thinking what I should do just to be safe is get the iPhone 6 then have it for a year or 2, whenever I decide to upgrade and if I felt having a 4.7 screen was too small then I'd go with the plus next round. Of course you know apple will come out with a 5.1 or so screen size next which would be ideal id say. However I would know and have more power to make this decision after having a 4.7 in for a year/2. I definitely felt my iPhone 5 was way too small while owning it so if I got the same feeling with the 4.7 like I explained I could make the change next round to a plus or whatever apple calls it in the future.

I honestly don't want a bigger iPhone. With the 6 Plus i was getting massive hand cramps and although the thought 6 is better, I am still experience some discomfort using it.

Specifically I don't like how my thumb has to bend so much in order to reach the icon in the lower right corner of the screen and similarly to reach new unlock button location.

If they made an iPhone mini with a 4.3-4.5" screen I'd buy it.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

I saw one sell on eBay for $1250 and he had a receipt showing he had paid $399, so, $1250-$399-$350(ETF)-$125 (eBay fee)-$37.50 (PP fee)-$10-15 (shipping) =$323.50 profit

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
I saw one sell on eBay for $1250 and he had a receipt showing he had paid $399, so, $1250-$399-$350(ETF)-$125 (eBay fee)-$37.50 (PP fee)-$10-15 (shipping) =$323.50 profit

A) could be a verizon phone?
B) just because it is for sale at 1250 doesn't mean he will get 1250.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Get rid of the 6 plus. Get the 6. Use it for 12 or 13 days, and go back to the 6 plus.

Apple loves you!

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
Sounds like you really want to keep the 6+ from your initial post. You stated you loved the main things that makes it different from the 6. I think in the long run if you do make the exchange, youll eventually end up regretting it and wanting the + again.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I had a hard time choosing between the two. I knew the 6 was right for me, but the 6+ is awesome and when I saw it in the store while waiting for my phone I was afraid that maybe I made the wrong choice. However, the 6 which I love is more difficult to carry in my pocket than my 5 was and the 6+ wouldn't even fit well in my purse. I don't want a phone that is impractical for me to use no matter how great it is. I take my phone with me when walking my dog etc. and there is no way I can carry the 6+ easily or safely outdoors without a purse.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Got 6 on launch day and loved it. Walked into Best Buy the other day and was honestly surprised at the form factor and size of the 6 plus. Wasn't as big as I thought. Returned my 6 yesterday and got a 6 plus and loving it. For me, the battery alone already is worth the switch. I got the Apple leather case and it barely adds any bulk.

Good luck with your decision, it really is based on personal preference. They are both awesome devices.

Marli

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Personally I don't think you should be allowed to to return it unless it's effective.. Man up an keep it? If you want another buy it as well..

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I used a 6 for over a week and liked it a lot but I recieved my 6plus yesterday and I love it! Just get whichever device works better for you.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
You should keep the 6+. Your hand span is bigger than mine (7.5) and I can use this one handed fine. Just gotta get used to it. Reachability helps, too. I feel you might regret it if you return it.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Personally I don't think you should be allowed to to return it unless it's effective.. Man up an keep it? If you want another buy it as well..

Just curious . . . why not? You have 14 days to return. Not trying to be argumentative, just curious to hear your reasons.

Marli

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
4 days left, 6+ or regular 6?

Because it makes my product more expensive, it gets built into the price, and I shouldn't have to pay for others indecisiveness or incompetence with purchasing. If you want this option you should have to pay for it.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Because it makes my product more expensive, it gets built into the price, and I shouldn't have to pay for others indecisiveness or incompetence with purchasing. If you want this option you should have to pay for it.

I see both sides of the issue. On one hand, it's good to have an option to try it out and see if it works out and on the other hand, tons of people returned their plus phones making it near impossible for people who actually want a plus to find one.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
if you are not sure at this point, then go for the 6.

Nothing will change. And you always will second guess your decision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.