Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I just wanted to share this with you guys.

http://shop3.frys.com/product/5503990

Fry's is offering 4 GB of Macbook RAM memory for $25 including shipping after rebate! This is a HUGE discount!

Anyone looking to upgrade their Macbook's memory needs to take a look at this. I used the Crucial software to determine what my system would need for an upgrade, and the specs match identically.

FYI, my Macbook is the last edition (before the recent release). The white with the 2.4 ghz dual core, 2 GB RAM and 160 gb HD. Had it for about two months.

HAPPY UPGRADING!!!

Project7

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
Thanks

Thanks for sharing this, I was looking to buy a White MacBook anyway, because I can't afford a new Aluminium one.

This will make it a lot better for me.

Cheers.

Project7

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
:eek: OMG!!! They better ship to Australia...

I was wondering about that too, unfortunately "the offer is only available to residents of the United States"

But, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get a friend there to help you out.

- Project7.

doubleohseven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I was wondering about that too, unfortunately "the offer is only available to residents of the United States"

But, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get a friend there to help you out.

Damn. Unfortunately, there's no one I know in the United States that could ship it out for me. I'm sure there's many other RAM offers out there.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Pretty sure that ram wont work... its DDR2. New macbooks use DDR3.

You are correct...the new Macbooks that were just released will not accept this RAM. However, I purchased in August of 2008 and bought before the new release. So...I'm good to go!

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I have a macbook 2.1 ghz white macbook can I install the ram.

I think you'll be fine. Just go to http://www.crucial.com and run their "memory checker" tool. It will give you the RAM that Crucial sells that will work on your machine. Then, compare the specs with what Fry's is offering. That's what I did and the specs matched to a "T".

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I bought this a couple weeks ago when it was $63 with $40 rebate and it works perfectly with my Blackbook. Haven't gotten the rebate check back yet, but hopefully soon!

saturnino3

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2005
Oakland, CA
I have a white MacBook 2.0 GHZ C2D that I bought in April 2008 as a refurb.

I read that the MacBook will only recognize up to 3 GB of ram....

Will my MB recognize and use all of the 4GB?

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Awesome.... thanks a lot!!! Sucks that rebates take so long to get back but eventually it'll be worth it! :D

Yeah, by time I get the rebate I'll have forgotten about it, so it'll be a nice surprise like finding money in an old pocket :)

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
It'll work with the 2.4ghz mb, right?

To the guy with the 3 gig limit on his earlier macbook, i think it will still work better with two matching ram chips... better video and will register 3.3 gigs of ram.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
I've purchased RAM from Fry's in the past, and have had major reliability problems with it. Sometimes, a deal is a deal, but with Fry's, it's often a case of you-get-what-you-pay-for.

MaskedPhantom

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2007
New York
Just ordered it with overnight shipping. It said same-day shipping before midnight eastern so hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I'll fill out the rebate form when it arrives.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
I've purchased RAM from Fry's in the past, and have had major reliability problems with it. Sometimes, a deal is a deal, but with Fry's, it's often a case of you-get-what-you-pay-for.

What kind of problems. I have ordered from them without any issues. RAM is ram. you are not buying RAM made by Frys, you are buying Crucial with lifetime warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.