4 iPhones... Still havent found one without an issue. Time to give up.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by diamondschwin, Jul 19, 2010.

1. diamondschwin macrumors member

iPhone 1: Recieved on July 23rd from pre order, worked great, except for the green blob issue, which was REALLY green, looked like slimer from ghostbusters was in my photos. I couldnt deal with it.

iPhone 2: Genius swapped the green blob for this one, which was great! Except I started noticing dust creeping in from the top left... more and more, so back to the genius bar I went...

iPhone 3: They couldnt clean the glass like the used to on the 3G and 3GS models so they gave me a new phone.... at this point I wanted them to just fix it, I am sick of swapping, I feel totally lame having my third iPhone in 3 weeks..... anyway, about 2 days ago, I start seeing a pixel that is stuck, which bothers me but I am not gonna freak... then it starts flickering! which is very annoying, its right near the battery indiciator so its VERY noticeable, especially when flickering... back to the bar...... AGAIN

iPhone 4: As before they couldnt fix the screen so they need to replace the whole phone... the apple store probably thinks im a freak by now... but they gladly replace it. Now this new phone seems great... and then I am browsing the web and notice 3 black pieces of dust or something right in the middle of the screen, not off to the side or the left where I could ignore it. I am starting to doubt the QC process heavily.

After all this, I have given up... these phones were all from different weeks of manufacture and different factories... I am hoping they figure out how to clean the screens down the line and then I wont have to suffere another more annoying hardware issue!

Whats odd is that I have had two iPads, two 3GS and two 3G iPhones and none have had this many problems, seems they are either rushing them out the door or Apple has downgraded their QC process because of their rapid growth.

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

3. diamondschwin thread starter macrumors member

Thats why I am over it... I dont want to chase down exchanges until my face is blue.... in a month or two my phone will probably be marred from every day use, I cant chase the perfect phone anymore.

4. err404 macrumors 68020

Just hang onto it for a couple of months and then return it again (if it's still bothering you). If it's QC issues, then they should be worked out by then.
    For the record, my phone does not have any of the issues you describe, so good phones are out there.

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

That's the apple spirit, blame the customer. :rolleyes:

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

nah...I haven't met ANYONE yet that has the iPhone 4 and can't use it...sure if you touch the spot the bars disappear but the phone still makes calls and sends data as it should....I mean really, who the hell keeps exchanging phones that many times? look up the definition of insanity

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Because we haven't seen these threads before. EVER! ;)

8. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

FOUR iphone 4s already? Are you sure you're not OCD?

9. Katanae macrumors member

Haters gonna hate...
    All of OP's problems and how he dealt with them seem very reasonable, I would've done the same.

10. bobbba macrumors regular

It never ceases to amaze me how hard some people look for a problem...

11. Telecacher macrumors member

I agree, two of each of those is extremely odd.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

I honestly think YOU are the problem. OCD, perhaps?

13. brett429 macrumors member

OCD. I've had an iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 and never had to return any of them. I'm sure if you looked at any phone for long enough, you'd find something. These are made by human beings and machines, all prone to imperfections. o_O

14. freejack macrumors regular

freejack

To the people saying the OP has a problem. If you had a green blob in your pictures or a flashing pixel or dust in the middle of your screen, are you telling us you wouldn't replace your $700 phone? Be honest now.

15. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

I'm glad you are giving up. Move onto another phone. I hope you don't have any issues with it.

16. diamondschwin thread starter macrumors member

Like others have said, I dont want to be OCD about it, I just hate that I everytime I have had an issue, another one crops up... I feel like im playing whack a mole. I feel at this point I should just live with it and in a few months swap it for a refurb which will probably be better QCed anyway.

17. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

According the Apple Fantroll ideology - blame the customer first, second and last. Apple is perfect and genius and could NEVER produce a defective device. :rolleyes:

18. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

I think the customer should take some incentive if Apple made a "defective" product. Take your money to someone else, simple as that.

Apple has said what they are doing about the issues.

19. alangrehan macrumors regular

At least you know your eyesight is ok since the pixels are supposed to be smaller than the human retina can resolve!

20. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

I thought the Retina Display meant you couldn't make out individual pixels. :eek:

21. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I question apple QC on this phone as well. How many threads have we seen regarding yellow screen, green camera spots, wobbly buttons, and the usual dust under screen. Mine has a wobbly power button and my home button wiggles from time to time but the rest of the phone is great so I just deal with it.

22. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes I have a huge green blob in any pictures except direct sunlight. Even indoors with good sun light it shows up, outside it does not. However besides that my phone is fine, except for the reception if I touch its R spot. I will ride it out until I can no longer stand it and then go get a replacement.

I look at it as a free new iPhone 4 when ever I want one. So its not a flaw but a garuanteeed return for a fresh device anytime in the first year :)

Thanks apple, just like my 3gs, I had it replaced a few days before the iPhone 4 came out so I can sell it as new :) yes it had issues and that's why they replaced it, thanks again apple :)

Thats the best part about apple, they will stand behind their shoddy work :)

23. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

Yeah but look at all the problems the flagship Android handset has:

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/

24. diamondschwin thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I am thinking too!

My friend was upset with the hairline cracks all over his 3GS after 3 months... he took it in and the genius said "we can replace this now, or we can replace it 9 months from now so you get an all new phone for free after a year... its up to you"

He went in and they hooked him up with a new phone, he actually passed on the iphone 4 because he loves his 3GS so much and its new again!