4 months with iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geekbabe, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

It has been 4 months since I got my iPad 3 & I am shocked at how much I use this device! Movies, books, magazines, games, podcasts the list is endless. I've carried this tablet while traveling, used the camera a lot, heck I blog with this device.

I always thought tablets were fun but basically toys, I am seriously impressed by how useful iPad 3 has been & what an integral part of my daily life it has become. Expensive? Yes, but when I calculate how many hours a week this device gets used here it is truly well worth every penny. LOL, that Steve Jobs was really onto something with this one ;)

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I used my iPad for about a month or so when it first came out. Now my 2 year old has claimed it as his. :D

I think I will get most use out of it when I go on holiday etc.

3. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

besides for work and such.

its great for the bathroom when ur taking a dump

:D

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

5. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Thanks for sharing? LOL.. Not :D

6. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Had mine for a month and it's now firmly the centre of my digital life.

7. 725032 Guest

Should a 2 year old be using an ipad?

8. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

Should a person of X number of years use an iPad? Can say that about anyone!

9. 725032 Guest

So you would give an ipad to a baby/toddler?

10. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

With proper supervision, it's a good learning device.

11. 725032 Guest

For a baby?!

12. Flux.Capacitor macrumors member

You'd be surprised how much they can use it for. my 5 year old uses mine very often for a bunch of learning apps, and some Disney stuff.for a 2 year old it can help develop hand/eye coordination, motor skills etc. Just don't let em play Infinity Blade or stuff like that. :)

13. shortcrust macrumors 6502

My mate's 18 month old loves playing with iphones and ipads! She spends ages swiping through photos. Can't see the harm in it myself.

14. sers macrumors regular

Mine has become the centre of my digital life as well. Gets used every day and it has never let me down. It's enough to fulfill my computer needs to a point where my desktop has become redundant.

15. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I use mine when I need my computer but don't want to carry it. Traveling with it has lighten my load.. But that's why I purchased one, to use it. :)

16. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

Actually my son had his hands on the first gen iPad at 2. Used some app to help with pictures and numbers really great tool for education.

Maybe your question should be rephrased would you leave a two yr old alone we an iPad? Maybe.. Really don't see an issue with a child these days using electronics. They learn faster and adapt quicker than ever before. I have 4 kids and they have all excelled one way or the other with some sort of electronic device.

17. Cobster macrumors member

I use the ipad every day to and from work - at work for meetings - at home for news, mail, social media and more... pretty much only turn on the pc for the work vpn connection...
    the wife has her own ipad from work and our children of 2 and 7 has taken over the old ipad 2 and use it for childrens tv, games - the 7 year-old facetime with family... its used for films in the car on long rides for the 2 year old...

18. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

My story exactly. I was a bit unsure going in, in case my hundreds were wasted on something that would end up gathering dust, but it is definitely my most used device right now. Can't wait to add the iPhone 5 to the mix!

19. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

My 2 year old....

Folds back the smart cover
    Swipes to unlock (if needed)
    Goes to his folder on the home screen
    Looks for the app he wants to play with (out of about 15)
    Interacts with everything on the screen.
    When he's done he folds back the cover and sticks it back on the sideboard.

The iPad is amazing

20. 725032 Guest

I hope he says thank you

21. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

He does. He's a good lad :)

22. jaysen macrumors 6502

I use mine often, especially with Verizon's lte. I am finding myself reupping every month...

23. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Ive had the ipad 1, 2 ipad 2s and now an ipad 3, but since i got the google nexus 7 i'm using the ipad less and less. The ipad is a great entertainment device for me but so is the nexus 7. The latter seems faster and the screen to my eyes is sharper than the retina. I sometimes find myself watching tv on my ipad and at the same time using the nexus to check email and surf. Interesting how the tablets are supplanting sitting there using my 2012 macbook air for playing and my deskbound mac mini just for work. Wife has an ipad 3 and a imac but will probably scoop up an ipad mini. I might too as long as it has a rear camera.

24. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I found using a phone is better, as it is easier to keep when you need to clean up. :D

25. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

lol @ people questioning you for letting your child use your ipad.