Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
I tried on the 42 Space Gray and thought it was the 38. They're not as big and bulky as they look in pictures, they look much better and better proportioned in person. As someone with pale skin, I thought the darker watches looked better on me

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I ordered the Milanese and I think the SS Milanese looks the best in the photos of you. Pretty darn good looking.

Did you think SS just feels too heavy?
Did you like the way the Milanese feels?

No not at all, the SS felt really lite. With the modern buckle. And the Milanese felt really good. I can't believe its a steel band that's how comfortable it was. I got a lot of compliments this morning when I tried it on. Most of the Apple Store clerks, said that it was there favorite band out all the Bands.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
No not at all, the SS felt really lite. With the modern buckle. And the Milanese felt really good. I can't believe its a steel band that's how comfortable it was. I got a lot of compliments this morning when I tried it on. Most of the Apple Store clerks, said that it was there favorite band out all the Bands.

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to strapping one to my wrist on the 24th. I'm a long way from an Apple store, but may make it to one next weekend while I visit Portland. Thanks for your response as it further solidifies my decision about the SS Milanese. All these photos of people trying the watches on is great...now the wait...

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
For working out (running, lifting weights, etc.), I think I would definitely feel the weight of the SS watch after a while.

i would have expected the opposite to be true, that after a while, the weight of the watch would just disappear with everyday routine.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I tried on the 42 Space Gray and thought it was the 38. They're not as big and bulky as they look in pictures, they look much better and better proportioned in person. As someone with pale skin, I thought the darker watches looked better on me

Agree!

----------

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to strapping one to my wrist on the 24th. I'm a long way from an Apple store, but may make it to one next weekend while I visit Portland. Thanks for your response as it further solidifies my decision about the SS Milanese. All these photos of people trying the watches on is great...now the wait...

No problem, you really should try and visit the Apple Store. not only so u can try on the watch, but seeing them in person. They are bueatiful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.