Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

010218-IMG_0497_400.jpg

MacTalk.com.au posts a photo of a box that was sent to Australian resellers yesterday. The boxes are sealed with a warning:
SUBJECT TO TERMS OF NDA
DO NOT OPEN UNTIL TUESDAY JUNE 10TH, 2008
June 10th is the day after the Worldwide Developers Conference keynote speech where Steve Jobs is expected to announce the 3G capable iPhone. MacTalk speculates that the box may actually contain a demo model of the 3G iPhone.
Our source strongly believes that the package contains the much coveted 3G iPhone. Why is there only one and why is it here early though? Our source believes that the iPhone contained within is for promotional purposes, ie. after it's official unveiling at WWDC next week, the iPhone will go on display with a sign saying 'look how cool I am - you can buy me on this date'. That date still looks like it will be June 19, coinciding with the opening of the flagship Sydney Apple Store.
Vodafone and SingTel both announced that they would be bringing the iPhone to Australia later this year.

Article Link

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
It's a photo of Steve Jobs giving corporate America the finger, to be displayed after he announces his resignation at WWDC.

bigandtasty

Suspended
Dec 26, 2006
YUCK! Are you serious, that thing has iPod Mini written all over it. Last thing I need is those sharp edges catching in my pocket while trying to pull it out to answer a call, just to have it catch and fall on the floor! Smooth lines, that's what we need. H3LL, leave it the same as it is now (ok, maybe thinner:)), but still the 1st gen is still the sweetest looking form factor for a phone so far IMHO.

Do you feel lucky on Monday Punk...... DO YOU?:apple::apple:

Bring it Steve!

Motocrosseli

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
UGHHHHH...... That would be soooo freeking tempting to open... even tho june 10 is in 5 days! O-M-G! If I had that box I would go nuts.. haha but like.... GOSH JUST OPEN THE BOX!!! haha :D:eek:;):p

Bos246

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Surprise!

Maybe it's full of marching orders for resellers now that Apple is opening an official store, wouldn't that be fun.

radpanic

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
Hopefully it's NOT Detective David Mills' wife's head....."ahhhh, just tell me what's in the box!!"

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
UGHHHHH...... That would be soooo freeking tempting to open... even tho june 10 is in 5 days! O-M-G! If I had that box I would go nuts.. haha but like.... GOSH JUST OPEN THE BOX!!! haha :D:eek:;):p

I know, it's so tempting.

Its like this: You have it...you have it...BUT you can't get it.

kungming2

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Imagine if inside was a note with nothing else saying: "You violated the NDA - prepare to die." :D

Invictus Maneo

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Canada? C'mon.

I know that Rogers has already signed on to eventually sell iPhones, but it would be nice if they got on the stick and offered them soon after the WWDC

shot on a mac

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
seems like maybe...this is not real..

Is it odd to anyone that the label on this box was placed on the bottom?
I am just saying.. You work for Apple. You box up the next greatest thing in Apples history to ship half way around the world and you put the label on the BOTTOM of the box...I think maybe NOT!

But OH how I wish it would be opened right now...

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Bet there's a light-activated explosive device that'll detonate if that box is opened before June 10. :D

Should have read the NDA!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.