Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Well, it doesn't say what time on Tuesday the 10th. Since Sydney, Australia is 17 hours ahead of Cupertino, it could be opened before Steve even starts his keynote on Monday morning, and not break the NDA.

Looks like Time Machine really does exist :D

Motocrosseli

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
I know, it's so tempting.

Its like this: You have it...you have it...BUT you can't get it.

So true..... Ughh... I don't wanna say I would open it... BUT I WOULD OPEN IT!! Well actually like x-ray it.... If I just knew who's box that is I would soo make them look inside... Its not like Apple would know... they probably sent it to like 5 people.. I would probably just go crazy!

ilflyya

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
Indiana
eh...

Although I'd love to open the box, a picture like this could easily be faked. All I'd have to do is get a box, print off a fake address card, and take a pic and post it. I'll remain skeptical, but I'm still excited for the new iPhone!

TheBeagle

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If it's subject to an NDA, anyone opening the box would get their asses sued big time. Resellers have enough problems as it is. I don't know why Apple would do that, and not courier them on Monday night or something. Still, damn you MacRumors for posting this, I have just been pushed over the excitement threshold. Monday cannot come soon enough!

EDIT:

The keynote is 10am (UTC-8) June 9 correct?

East coast Australia is UTC+10, so they can open the box 4 hours before the keynote starts!

Ok, now that you said that, I am now doubting the validity of this box. This isn't Apple's style. Something is amiss here.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Is it odd to anyone that the label on this box was placed on the bottom?
I am just saying.. You work for Apple. You box up the next greatest thing in Apples history to ship half way around the world and you put the label on the BOTTOM of the box...I think maybe NOT!

But OH how I wish it would be opened right now...

Yes, but it's for Australia, so the bottom of the box in the Northern hemisphere would be the top of the box down under...right?? :p

Motocrosseli

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
Now that I think about it a second time... What if there is like something in there that notifies the NDA if you opened it.... Or if its just a prank to get people all hyped up... Ide give it to someone I don't know to open it then I would say give it to me and there you go... Didn't break the NDA policy... :D

homeofhorse

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Australia is 18 hours before US Pacific Time. They may open the box at 6 a.m., 9-June Pacific Time - before the WWDC starts and Job's key-note.

Australian, can you post the content once opening the box? :)

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
just what exactly are the consequences of opening that box?
:D
As long as you don't tell anyone, there are no consequences (other than your own sense of guilt). Assuming this is real, I'm guessing a large percentage will be opened early.

HumblePieEater

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Strategy

Set the Mac's clock ahead, set an iCal event to meet the timestamp NDA requirement, sleep for a wile until the iCal alarm goes off, open box.

Read message inside from Steve: "You opened the box too soon!"

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Australia is 18 hours before US Pacific Time. They may open the box at 6 a.m., 9-June Pacific Time - before the WWDC starts and Job's key-note.

Australian, can you post the content once opening the box? :)

Actually it's 17 hours difference, as Eastern Australia is currently at UT+10, and the US Pacific time zone is currently in Daylight Savings Time (Summer Time) at UT-7

Domfunkle

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
I work at an Apple Reseller!! I'm going in to work tonight in about 2 hours! If there's a box there I am SO SO SO going to open it up!!

EEEK!!!!!

Wish me luck!

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Now that would be a real test of my willpower... wonder if I'd crack. lol.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
The boxes may contain iPhones for display purposes, but they won't contain just one iPhone per box. After all, it is hands-on interaction with iPhones that sells them. Stores won't just have one iPhone on display, they will have a dozen, just none that you can buy.

Of course, customers will complain, saying, "What do you mean, you don't have any in stock yet - there are a whole bunch of them right there!"

Motocrosseli

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
ITS A FAKE!!!! Apple isn't that stupid... Why would they send a box that says don't open till June 10,2008 to someone? Thats like wrong.. and as I know Apple they keep their stuff top secret till after the keynote. I doubt thats a real Apple box. Its probably just a fake to get us all hyped and excited and wanting to rip our hair out to know what's in there, and if they did send it... WHY WOULD U TAKE A PIC... DER DER. Apple knows who they sent it to, and they will sue the crap outa this person. If this person wants to be a smart @.. with Apple I dare him to open that box.

maddogeco

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
give me one good reason not to open it.
i would but i wouldn't tell any one i did, then seal it back up lol:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.