4G limit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sebastian79, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sebastian79 macrumors member

Sebastian79

Why is there a limit to update apps on 4G? Is there a way to work around it? Tnx!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Use WiFi for updating.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Jailbreak. 3G Unrestrictor

4. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

The reason being the death of unlimited data plans. It's to protect people from using up their monthly data allowance.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I could understand the first part of your sentece if we were back in say 2012 or so, but all four carriers currently have unlimited data. It can't be dead if all four carriers offer it.

Apple's restriction matters much less today in regards to capped plans.

For the record, since getting a data plan on Christmas 2008 my wife and I have ALWAYS had unlimited data. We have UD now.

6. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Love Unlimited Data. My Verizon Family plan - I was paying for the 16? or 18 GB of data - so it actually saved me money to get unlimited. Streaming music without having to first download on long drives? I still only use 2GB a month but those on my family plan that use many many more GBs are happy.

I don't have any restrictions on app size when I go to update from the App Store on Verizon. I can download 200mb or even bigger apps.

What is your carrier?

7. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

We don't have unlimited data in the uk, and I think the rest of the world for that matter.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Same.

But my carrier probably loves me more. Two lines of UD and collectively my wife and I barely top 10GB a month. We both have 7GB of tethering and rarely use it (she never has).

Maybe once a year there is a long drive, but data is streamed from a SyncUP Drive which DOES have a 6GB data cap, but I have yet to break 1GB on both of our SUD's. We maxed out our Data Stash of 20GB on both those lines about three months after we got them.

So, I pay all this money but don't use anywhere near what anyone else does. I'm okay with that because I don't want to have to think about my data at all and I want it to be there if I need it.

But we tend to use the proper device for the proper thing which is why our data usage is always low.