4GB Refurbs on the Apple Store

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Yep, the 4GBers are back once again. I'm sure another crop of 8GB's will be along shortly, they have been gone for a while now. Which to get, which to get :confused:

sstern1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
I think I'm going to wait until Leopard and/or if the 8GBs come out soon. It's only $50 more for the 8GB.

kimguroo

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
I thought apple will sell 4gb for $249:mad:
they cut the price to $299 and why they sell refurb. for $299?
maybe I should buy new 8GB, when I visit delaware (Tax free:D).
only about $27 price differences with 8GB refurb.

DeadlyB

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
No Price Change

That's the regular price after the drop. You would think they would be cheaper since they are refurb.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
A refurb 4GB for $299 when you can get a new 8GB for $399?

I don't see the point.

beeeen

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
I don't need an 8GB..so I was pissed to see the 4GB discontinued. So, I might look into this. How long do you think they'll keep this up for?

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
Thats odd because the new 4GB iPhones were $299 why would they sell the refurbished ones for the same price as what the new 4GB iPhones were.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
That's the regular price after the drop. You would think they would be cheaper since they are refurb.
I would doubt it ... its a new refurb .. so it's probably been through the new system of checking / updating things ... (if that make sense)

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
Thats odd because the new 4GB iPhones were $299 why would they sell the refurbished ones for the same price as what the new 4GB iPhones were.
I don't know how much they cost to make ... but their overhead might be too high to offer it any lower .. even a refurb ... (just a guess)

beeeen

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
How many refurbished iphones do they usually sell? (4gb) and how often do they get a new stock of the 4gb refurbished phones? I can't buy one at the moment, but I would like to within the next 4-6 weeks.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Because you can't get a new 4GB iPhone anywhere anymore, so technically they don't exist and Apple can easily sell the refurbs for the same price.
I was hoping they'd be a little cheaper too, but I picked one up for my niece for her birthday. She's been pestering me since she saw mine. Hopefully this will get her off my case... :rolleyes:

kimguroo

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
How many refurbished iphones do they usually sell? (4gb) and how often do they get a new stock of the 4gb refurbished phones? I can't buy one at the moment, but I would like to within the next 4-6 weeks.
No one knows how many 4gb refurb. in their stock unless you are working for them.
I guess this will be last 4gb refurb. iphones. they sold out 4gb iphones a month ago and most of apple store does not have new 4GB Iphones anymore.
maybe they might re-stock 4gb iphone one more time. who knows.
I don't need 8gb iphone so I was looking at their website everyday past two weeks. I was hopping for $249.
I have to make a decision between $399 (8gb new) vs $321 with tax (4gb refurb).

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
The $299 price tag makes no sense. I paid $399 for a refurb 4gb about a week before the big price drop. I called to request the refund and initially was told I would be credited $100 back to my card. I ended up getting $159 credited back to my card, which means I got my refurb 4gb for $240. Im not complaining, just saying I dont understand the $299 price tag either.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
The $299 price tag makes no sense. I paid $399 for a refurb 4gb about a week before the big price drop. I called to request the refund and initially was told I would be credited $100 back to my card. I ended up getting $159 credited back to my card, which means I got my refurb 4gb for $240. Im not complaining, just saying I dont understand the $299 price tag either.
now thats a deal!!

kimguroo

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
And now they're gone! Must have been a short supply.
now, I can make the decision easy. I will buy new 8gb at delaware.
I just got the $100 rebate card from at&t in the mail and my brother's Iphone rebate:). it comes down to $199.
Still I wish I could get a refurb. 4gb for $250 though.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
How long after the price drop did you call them? I too bought a refurbished 4 GB iPhone
one week before the price drop. I called Apple the day of the price-drop announcement,
and I told them that I would rather have an 8 GB phone for the same price; I was then given
an RMA number, with the understanding that I would have to pay a 10% restocking fee.
Since I had some extra cash handy, I immediately went to the local Apple store and
bought a new 8 GB phone, and returned the 4 GB one (I was given a link to a free Fed Ex
overnight label to print). I was very happy to double my capacity, and also get a regular
retail box for an extra $40.00.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
How long after the price drop did you call them? I too bought a refurbished 4 GB iPhone
one week before the price drop. I called Apple the day of the price-drop announcement,
and I told them that I would rather have an 8 GB phone for the same price; I was then given
an RMA number, with the understanding that I would have to pay a 10% restocking fee.
Since I had some extra cash handy, I immediately went to the local Apple store and
bought a new 8 GB phone, and returned the 4 GB one (I was given a link to a free Fed Ex
overnight label to print). I was very happy to double my capacity, and also get a regular
retail box for an extra $40.00.
I called the same day as the price drop. After several people confirmed apple was doing a price adjustment if you purchased within 2 weeks, I called and ask for that. He told me I would be credited $100. At the end of the call I asked to confirm the $100 credit. A week later my card had a $159 credit.

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.