4k iMac Graphics Performance

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Vonjover, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Vonjover macrumors newbie

Vonjover

Hi all, kinda new here but i've been reading up everyone's view on the new 4k iMac and its more of a dissapointment than anything else.

I was wonderig if purchasing it with the 256gb SSD upgrade was worth it or not.
    What i'm worried about is the graphics performance of that iGPU. I do a bit of gaming and i'd be happy if it could run decently on medium settings for blizzard games. I also do a bit of after effects for design projects from time to time.

Is this new iMac a dealbreaker? Should i opt for the baseline 27" with ssd upgrade?

And lastly, anyone think Apple's still gonna put discrete graphics in the next 4k iMac or not?

2. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Same questions. Did you ever this this iMac, if so how does it perform on gaming?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure the 4k iMac is the best solution, I think gaming on the iGPU will be disappointing. I don't know if the low end 5k iMac will be measurably better in gaming, I have the M395 dGPU on my 5k iMac and playing fallout las vegas is decent on medium.

I'm not sure what you mean by "this this"?

Edit:
    I see some definite answers in this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/baseline-2015-4k-imac-gaming-performance.1947245/