"4S" Apple's code name for the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i4Collin, Oct 2, 2011.

1. i4Collin macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Is it possible that the iPhone 4S doesn't exist? That 4S is just what Apple has been calling the redesigned 5 to make us think that there is no 5 and only those who are deep inside Apple know this. It seems kind of silly that we would have to wait 16 months for the same phone with new internals. I've also thought about the invitation very hard. The notification of 1 on the phone translates to one phone if you think about it (1+phone= 1 phone) and Let's Talk iPhone can also be a command. I think that's Apple's way of saying that assistant is real. We can't know any of this until the 4th but I just thought I'd put my opinion out there ;)

2. LoganT macrumors 68020

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I was actually thinking just that when I saw your thread. iPhone 4Successor maybe. Although I doubt it.

4. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

We are loyal customer, all we can do is WAITING.... we hope Apple create awesome phone... that's it.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

Or screen?

My theory is the 4S is real, but so is the 5. Apple doesn't care to be secretive about the 4S and throws it in the latest iTunes beta to throw off the scent.

6. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Especially after the iPhone 4 fiasco, who knows the length that Apple may have taken to disguise their next iPhone.

7. ryuok macrumors regular

My opinion is that the iPhone 4S packaging label leaked last week was genuine.

8. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Could be possible....

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

This is my hope as well. The 4S is real, I truly believe it is. Hopefully the 5 is real and the hints of the 4S we are finding are just to appease us and to keep us distracted.

10. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I remember there being some earlier reports that Apple was testing the iPhone 5 INSIDES within the iPhone 4 case. I think it is entirely possible that actual iPhone 5 OUTSIDES never made it out of Infinite Loop in the states. After the blunder last year it would not surprise me. I believe in the iPhone 5 with a redesign, but I also thing the "4S" could exist. Apple knows they need to take a shot at that "lower end" market.

11. aohus macrumors 68000

12. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Are you a fan of conspiracy theories by any chance?

13. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

14. oshia86 macrumors regular

Do want!

I would love if Apple kept a lot of the 4's design ques and updated it a little. A little more rounded, a larger screen, redesigned external antenna, etc. I love the artistic design of the 4, and would hate to see them go for a less asthetic phone, like the tapered design and aluminum mockups.

15. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

I'll get it only if the screen is at least 4 inches.

16. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

That curved screen edges model looks SO SEXY! Maybe people are wrong and the curved glass that Apple is working on is for rounded edges and not a curved screen :p

17. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What fiasco are you referring to exactly? Customers not understanding how phones work or the massive amount of them they've sold?

18. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Then why does that German site say that the bumpers will fit the 4S...?

19. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That's dope right there :cool:

20. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

Don't trust Vodafone. They're just a random german phone company and while they do sell the iPhone, actually anyone does, after Apple's contract with T-Mobile ended. The premium partner was T-Mobile, now it's none.

I doubt Vodafone knows anything we don't and besides: A website about bumpers is most likely so very far outside of their main content management system, that it's even possible a third party (internet agency or whatever) manages that list and just punk'd us.

21. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Lost iPhone 4.

22. shandyman Suspended

HAHA! that's the funniest thing i have heard today. Vodafone aren't some random german company, they're fairly big, they own 45% of Verizon in the states, they're one of the big 3 mobile networks in the UK, their headquarters is in the UK, down the road from me actually in Newbury. they have networks in most countries around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vodafone-global-footprint.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodafone

23. The General macrumors 601

4S doesn't make any sense to me. It will be the 5th generation iPhone. 3GS made sense because the phone had 3G connectivity. The 5th generation iPhone won't have a "4" or 4G connectivity, it will be the 5th generation iPhone. It may look just like the iPhone 4 did, but that doesn't make it not a new generation of iPhone.

It should be called iPhone 5. 4S makes no sense to me.