4S owners... how are you holding up without a jailbreak so far?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Advil, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

Well, it's been a week since launch day and I'm starting to really, really miss my jailbreak... Not having BiteSMS, Lockinfo, My3G and MyWi has made my phone pretty worthless...

I considered going back to my iPhone 4 until there's a jailbreak available but I just can't bear to go back to that ancient technology :p

No but really, how are you guys doing with a stock OS??

2. DarkFlame macrumors regular

It's miserable. I need SBSettings. And I'm pretty pissed that AT&T is the only carrier that will not let you unlock your IPhone if you've already activated and started using their service. I'm planning on traveling for the holidays and I hope there will be SOMETHING that will allow a jailbreak/unlock.

I'd like to pose this question...

What are the chances there is no jailbreak OR unlock for the 4S period? Like iOS5 is iron clad that I'll be stuck w/ a locked 4S over its lifetime?

1%, 5%, 25%.

3. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

sucks,

I miss sbsettings and pandora skip hack!

4. quaxon macrumors member

The one thing (of many) I miss the most is activator, I commute 1 hour each way to school everyday and having to take my phone out of my pocket just to change the song gets super annoying compared to simply holding down the sleep button. Not to mention the stock icons are so fugly, every time I saw my phone for the first few days I had an instant flash of panic thinking my phone had restarted in safe mode. I have owned iphones since the original, but I had always waited until a JB was out before buying, this time though my phone (3gs, sat out the 4) was on it's last legs so I wanted something to replace it quick. After a week of using it I can honestly say iOS is nearly worthless without jailbreak, if I knew for a fact that the 4S would never be jailbroken I think I would return it and jump ship to droid right now.

5. fs454 macrumors 65816

Zero chance. iOS5 is jailbreakable already(not public), but it's the A5-powered devices that are giving people a hard time. They seem to be hard "crack open", case in point the iPad 2 not having an untethered jailbreak available and it's been months. Hopefully we'll see one soon, but it definitely isn't impossible.

6. robdam1001, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

I've become an alcoholic w/o my jb

seriously, missing:
    5 icon dock
    INTELLISCREEN!!!!!!!!!
    Remove Recents (removes recents from iOS4 Multitasking taskbar)
    ShakeToUndo Killer
    FolderCloser
    MyWi
    Folder Enhancer
    iBlackList

7. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I'm fine. Actually, I never used jailbreak. I'd rather use it the way it was created. Never understood jailbreaking.

8. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

The main thing I liked having was MyWi - very nice to be able to use my iPad anywhere, rather than just at Starbucks...

Another huge thing I'm missing are the 4 and 5 finger gestures that we had available in the beta with developer features turned on through Xcode.

Now the iPad has them in iOS 5, but it's no longer on the iPhone, and the Xcode trick doesn't work any more. Is it possible to activate them through JB, or could you install the iPad version of iOS 5 on the iPhone?

9. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I'm dying!!!!

No Lock Info and I NEED 3G Unrestrictor!!! That 20 Mb limit is killing me!!

10. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i keep swiping my finger across the top to access sbsettings like i am on my old phone :mad:

11. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Thanks for chiming in. It's better without you in the community.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

I've been without a jailbreak for months. :( I went through all 7 betas on my iPhone 4 and didn't care to use the tethered jailbreak, now I have a 4S. :( BiteSMS will be the first app I installed when it's available.

13. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm doing fine, I could do with a few things from the jb but love how fast the phone is :)

14. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well y would u miss mywi it's built in!

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

^^^^^^ exactly to the above

16. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

This, i forgot that i didn't have the hack and i use the bluetooth in my car with pandora and started skipping songs and got that stupid message. hopefully they get a jailbreak

17. B737, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

i felt like every iOS before 5 (going back to my 3G), required a jailbreak to simply use the phone.... but with iOS5, i can definitely get by.
    i miss activator for skipping songs and sbs for quickly cycling wifi, bt and phone, but thats really about it. everything else i jailbroke fore was covered with iOS5, the phone seems like its consistently faster, and doesnt require occasional reboots like my my last OS was (4.x jb).

overall im happy, in fact when an unteathered jb does come around im going to have to think about it this time before i do it. my former OS's were very stable with the JB, but this time i just dont feel compelled to do it like i was in the past.

18. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

19. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

It's not fair girlfriend has my old 4 jail broke on 4.3.3 and I have the 4s. Bitesms, sbsetting, folder closer and shrink I miss...

20. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Are you really missing this? I found the default behavior to be 1000% better in the later 4.2+, 4.3+ firmwares. Before then I found it to be a jailbreak "requirement", but I never even notice it anymore, especially after I installed 5.0 (I installed the Beta after 2).

21. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

thought I would be okay since i didn't have my 4 jailbroken for a while but seeing all these tweaks being updated for ios5 brings back memories and makes me want to install them on my 4s haha... plus tweaking my touchpad running cm7 doesn't really help :p
    Edit: read somewhere that gevey sim is being updated for the ios5 baseband on the 4 and it'll work with the 4s! hope it's legit :)

22. complexcommunic macrumors regular

Ahhhh it's excruciating. I kind of like getting to use the OS vanilla, without any tweaks or anything, to see what Apple's real intended user experience is like. But I really really miss a lot of those extra unofficial apps, and cydia, and installous ;)

23. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

its interesting to use the phone at stock, but at the same time, i *need* my specific jailbreak tweaks and apps, like the ios 4.0 antenna bars, fast copy, iretiner, ifile, snes9x, sbsettings, black ups darkness theme, etc...

24. sunnyj macrumors 6502