4S shipments being held up in Louisville?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by notjustgc, Oct 11, 2011.

1. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Having been watching all these threads over the past 24 hours, it looks to me like a number of flights have already landed in Louisville, starting at around 1:30AM EDT this morning and continuing as we speak. Whether the plane took off from Shenzhen last night or this morning, everything seems to stop in Louisville. Not one (that I've read about on any of these threads) has departed from there as of yet.

It would seem to me that they might be pooling ALL of these shipments in Louisville before sending them out to the regional distribution centers. As others have said, Apple has worked with UPS & FedEx to hold shipments for on-time (not early) delivery in past product launches, so nothing is out of the question.

Thoughts? And if anyone has seen theirs depart Louisville, please correct me on that because I'd love to know. Mine's been sitting there since 1:58AM.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No, they're not "held up." You'll get your phone on the 14th if you ordered early enough. Stop worrying.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Memphis is the main FedEx US hub, and Louisville is the main UPS US hub. Most shipments go through there and are then distributed to where ever they need to go in the US.

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

just plan on the 14th, like everyone else.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't tell me. I'm some halfwit sitting around pondering the plane's whereabouts. I guess I have other things I could worry about. Apple told me the 14th, I can reasonably expect the 14th but if not, I'm not damaged and I can wait until Monday. /shrug

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

If it will get held anywhere it will be at the hub used for the area where you live.
    I have had packages that could not be delivered until a certain day sit at the hub for 3+ days. The hub is about 15 miles from where I live.

7. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

If that's the case, can I just pick mine up in Louisville? It would be well worth the hour drive. :D ;)

8. notjustgc thread starter macrumors 6502

notjustgc

No one's worrying here. And by "held up" we don't mean "delayed." There's a reasonable hope of getting these things a day or two early -- but only if they're not intentionally held! So of course it's worthwhile to discuss whether that's the case or not.

Besides, Jessica... If you're not interested, then why are you even trolling here?

9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I'm sure it's being throttled at each location, so everyone gets it on release date.

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hmm...so you're saying the UPS facility at Louisville International is brimming with iPhone 4S's right now and I'm only 75 miles away? You bring the bolt cutters and I'll bring the flashlights...lol. :D

11. fjrabon macrumors regular

that makes a lot more sense than trusting 29385723 different local UPS offices to not deliver them until the 14th. I guess we'll see in the next couple of days.

12. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Mine went to anchorage.. Now in Louisville since 9 am.. So it did not come directly from china.. Ill check later to see if it has left. But it's still scheduled for Friday.. Which makes sense if it is driven up to the hub near NYC.

13. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Everything has to go through customs at Louisville too, things can get held there for awhile. Plus, they may not always fly them out from there. My iPhone 4 shipped from China via UPS, and never was scanned out of Louisville; they trucked it the rest of the way (400+ miles) to our regional distribution center.

14. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

coming with you pick me up on the way

15. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Mine went through Alaska...... And was cleared there..

16. 2010RS macrumors 6502

sometimes i wonder what these people who track flights that their iphones are on do the other 51 weeks of the year.

17. notjustgc thread starter macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Ditto.

18. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

I'm game. Cincinnati ain't that far of a drive.

19. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Accountant...

20. guffman macrumors regular

guffman

Mine is in Louisville as well. Came through Anchorage, arrived in KY about 9 a.m this morning.

21. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

You got to give Louisville at least 24 hours to find it's ass with both hands.

22. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Mines still in Louisville. And I was just there last night :(

23. Type X macrumors regular

HK to Alaska to Kentucky for mine & my moms

She's in New Mexico & i'm in New york so i'm assuming that tonight tomorrow morning they should be in our respective "hubs"

24. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Mine has been sitting there for the past 24 hours. :p

Most likely we will see a lot of movement tonight and tomorrow depending on where people live and how far their local distribution center is from the UPS hub. Apple will make it to where we all should get it on Friday.

Last year a lot of people who preordered got their phones early. I personally think that that was a mess up on Fedex's part. In fact, I wonder if this is why Apple seems to be using UPS this year for all of these deliveries. I have always gotten my Apple products delivered in the past by Fedex, never UPS. :confused: ;)

25. fjrabon macrumors regular

yeah, seems like Apple/UPS had them all held there as opposed to more local offices, because it's easier to control that way. Unlike last year when some local offices delivered as soon as they had the product, while most obeyed the 'don't deliver until...' note.