Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
I'm known as an royal apple fan among of my friends and family. So of course I've to order an Apple Watch! Some of my friends/family members are interested in it as well, and they come to me for my opinions as always. They have concerns when they see the delivery window was 5-6 weeks but I told them Apple would definitely do better than that as all previous apple products launch. Man.. Apple failed and embarrassed me BIG TIME on this one! Sorry Apple, I can't side with you this time.. :mad:

jthesssin

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
Matthews NC
Im a little confused

as you can see, I ordered on Apr 10 at 3:09am with conf. email coming in at 3:11am (slow time warner servers).
My ship date does not list a range of arrivals just "June".....
How are all you people seeing an actual ship range???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 2.38.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 2.38.05 PM.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 118

b3arclaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2015
In my opinion, which is just an opinion. 5-6 weeks, is 5-6 weeks from when you initially received a week estimate.

This is the only scenario where the dates remotely add up for me.

That's what I'm thinking. Logically, it'd add up but I'd still be before the estimated June 22-29th window.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
I chatted with Apple today after I saw this as I too have an order waiting from 4/11 with 5-6 wk ship and 6/22 -6/29 delivery range.

Chat support couldn't offer much help, but I was referred to phone support. And after being very kind with the woman on the phone, she checked in with her supervisor who explained the following (paraphrased:)

The Available to Ship is describing about how long it will take the watch to go from processed - built - shipped to your door. The delivery window is the estimate of when it's supposed to reach your door.

Nearly all orders make it before that delivery window according to what we have seen on these forums.

Hope this helps.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I chatted with Apple today after I saw this as I too have an order waiting from 4/11 with 5-6 wk ship and 6/22 -6/29 delivery range.

Chat support couldn't offer much help, but I was referred to phone support. And after being very kind with the woman on the phone, she checked in with her supervisor who explained the following (paraphrased:)

The Available to Ship is describing about how long it will take the watch to go from processed - built - shipped to your door. The delivery window is the estimate of when it's supposed to reach your door.

Nearly all orders make it before that delivery window according to what we have seen on these forums.

Hope this helps.

That makes sense, actually.

mkeith813

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2014

Hope this helps.

That seems like the most logical of all explanations I've heard. So if it takes Apple 5-7 weeks to make a watch from scratch and have it delivered, then the "available to ship" will be 5-7 weeks if the backorders are greater than current supply. As they begin to catch up with supply (without slowing down production) that time frame will inevitably be reduced.

With that in mind, the available to ship is not tied to any particular date, it just shows how production is compared to current supply. The reason why some were quoted 5-7 weeks and its been longer than that is because they didn't start making your watch as soon as you ordered it because they were busy making others.

KateGladstone

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2013
Well, THIS makes sense!

Why couldn't they have just said so, consistently and from the outset?
Why, in fact, couldn't they have put it into the order screen:
"Available to ship: ____ to _____ weeks after manufacture"?
We still wouldn't have known the date of manufacture — but we would have known that the "weeks" timeline had an objective basis. THAT would have given people something to trust.

Hope this helps.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
The only issue I have with this is it makes the "Available to ship" estimate based on an unknown date. In other words, there's no originating date to base the estimate from. The only fixed date on the order is the original order date. Everything else is a moving fluid target with no basis or origin. Unless your updating your order status constantly, which I am, you have no way of knowing when they changed the shipping estimate. They should either give us a shipping estimate based on the order date, or a "Delivers" date, but not both.

I received an email from Apple when I first got the week range/estimate, did you as well?

Either way I agree. Personally I gave up as far as tracking. I just put my order in the delivery app and when it ships it ships.

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
Apple changed my weeks. It was 3-5 weeks and changed last week to 2-3 weeks. They cut my shipping window in half but it was the back half.

Does that mean 2-3 weeks from my order? Probably not as that would mean I have less than a week. I'm sure I'll get it early but I didn't like the shortening to the back half of my window. I just hope they aren't starting to curtail stock for in store before they fill these orders.

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
Apple changed my weeks. It was 3-5 weeks and changed last week to 2-3 weeks. They cut my shipping window in half but it was the back half.

Does that mean 2-3 weeks from my order? Probably not as that would mean I have less than a week. I'm sure I'll get it early but I didn't like the shortening to the back half of my window. I just hope they aren't starting to curtail stock for in store before they fill these orders.

It's not 2-3 from order, its 2-3 from now. Apple will constantly update it with new estimates. If in 1 week, there isn't a new estimate, still assume 2-3 weeks from next week since they didn't update.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I received an email from Apple when I first got the week range/estimate, did you as well?

Either way I agree. Personally I gave up as far as tracking. I just put my order in the delivery app and when it ships it ships.

The only email I have received is the original order email on 4/18. And yes, I have resigned myself to just getting it whenever they choose to ship it. I do give myself the option to incessantly complain about it though. Talking to you guys about it helps too.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
It's not 2-3 from order, its 2-3 from now. Apple will constantly update it with new estimates. If in 1 week, there isn't a new estimate, still assume 2-3 weeks from next week since they didn't update.

If this is the case then all Apple has to do is add an "Updated on: XX/XX/XX" to the "X-X weeks" estimate. That way we have a point of reference instead of having to do all the math and detective work based on a the equally frustrating "Delivers" date range.

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Well, then this is a head scratcher.

I ordered a Modern Buckle Watch last week. The estimate was 2-3 weeks when I ordered and it got bumped immediately (within a few hours) to 1-2 weeks. However, my order window is 6/8-6/15. I ordered on 5/21.

1-2 weeks from 5/21 would be 5/28-6/5.

2-3 weeks from 5/21 (what I was originally quoted) would be 6/4-6/11.

I'm at 6/8-6/15, which is actually 2.5 to 3.5 weeks from when I originally ordered.

Weird.

The "week" numbers are for when it's shipped, the date is when it's delivered. The extra half week makes sense, it's about the time it takes to go from "preparing for shipment" to when UPS gets it to you.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
The "week" numbers are for when it's shipped, the date is when it's delivered. The extra half week makes sense, it's about the time it takes to go from "preparing for shipment" to when UPS gets it to you.

Makes sense.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I'm posting this in all my usual threads but I guess something is happening! My status just changed from 5-6 weeks/June 22-29 to 2-3 weeks/June 16-22!!!!

Maybe they are catching up:eek:

b3arclaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2015
Hello b3arclaw,
Just wanted to see if you have received an update today. Lots of people have, including me, and I wanted to make sure Apple hasn't missed you out? Fingers crossed.

I did! Yesterday I was updated to 4-6 business days (June 4-8th).
Hoping it'll be delivered this week/weekend.
I'm at day 46 and knowing it's so close is driving me bananas!
Glad to hear you got an update though and thanks for checking :)

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
OP brace yourselves for self righteous people who will say you're crying about ur order and apple hasn't promised you anything. LMAO

b3arclaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2015
OP brace yourselves for self righteous people who will say you're crying about ur order and apple hasn't promised you anything. LMAO

If you scroll back to the first page of the thread, I already had to correct someone. Clearly they didn't understand the point of the thread...
Some people just really get a justice hard on when their neckbeards are shivering with rage because they ride in on their mighty high horse.
I happen to not particularly care about anyone else's opinion and like to have intelligent debates and conversations :)

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Cue the "quit your whining and wait" crowd. "There are kids starving in Africa and you're worried about a gadget."
"You'll get it when you get it."
:rolleyes:

Sorry man. Apple screwed up this launch, royally.

haha beat me to it bruh. :cool:

----------

If you scroll back to the first page of the thread, I already had to correct someone. Clearly they didn't understand the point of the thread...
Some people just really get a justice hard on when their neckbeards are shivering with rage because they ride in on their mighty high horse.
I happen to not particularly care about anyone else's opinion and like to have intelligent debates and conversations :)

haha preach brutha... I feel ya.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.