5.8-Inch iPhone Expected to Have Flat Display Despite 'Curved' Rumors

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 10, 2017.

1. McCool71, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017

McCool71 macrumors 6502a

Yep, having the ability to use the full width of the device as a screen is stupid...

What is the world coming to, people wanting bigger phones with more bezels these days. Wow.

There is no drawback with a curved edge display at all. No, the screen does not seem distorted when you actually use the phone and false touches can be eliminated through the settings if you ar clumsy or don't want the outer edges to be responsive.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2017 ---
    Same here, I think it is excellent actually doing the most out of the width of the phone. Will never, ever go back to a phone with bezels on the side just to avoid it being curved like lot of people (who clearly have never used a curved display) think is a the superior solution.

2. manu chao, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017

manu chao macrumors 601

Of course the SE is re-using a lot from the 5s. Nobody is disputing this. What is cute is how riled up you get over this fact.

3. lowercaseperson macrumors 6502

Seems to be widely accepted that Samsung has done a poor job implementing the curved edge display. I agree with the sentiment.

Apple might also fail at implementing a curved edge display, but they *have* succeeded where other companies have failed. I really do believe the curved edge is a good OS opportunity - it just needs the right programming.