Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

so

• stay put on my 5.8"

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • downsize to 5.4"

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • downsize to 4.7" SE2

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 'downsize' to 5.5" Plus in the future

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • move to 6.1"

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • move to an older 6.5"

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • move to 6.7"

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • not sure

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

Flappy Dunk

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2020
5.8" is the perfect size for me. Wouldn't really like smaller or bigger but may have to resize when I next upgrade.

Reactions: bevsb2

iPhonefreak79

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
I love my current size of my 5.8 iPhone 11 Pro, and I’d like to stay at the Pro lineup. But I’m forced to get to 6.1 but it’ll be interesting if the bezels are thinner and the overall form factor size will stay close to the 5.8 size ?

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
I keep my iPhones for two years, so I’m not upgrading until 2021. I think I’d go to the slightly bigger size of 6.1 if there’s no 5.8 option.

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
I have the XS Max at the moment, I’m going to upgrade to the 6.7 when it comes out. September needs to get here ASAP. I had the bigger phones models since the 6 plus so it’s no issue for me.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
A 5.4“ iPhone 12 Pro would be my dream phone. I really want the 5.4” size, but the rumors of 3x optical zoom and ProMotion will pull me to the Pro

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
I'll be keeping my iPhone X for as long as it works well.

But if I had to change when the new iPhones come out, I don't know what I'd do. It has taken me a long time to adapt to the size of iPhone X from my previous 5s. And I still resent the downsides sometimes: it's too big to fit in my jeans so I have to bring a bag just for the iPhone, it's heavy, and I can't use it with one hand. But I've recently started to appreciate some advantages of a bigger screen size recently doing things that would have been very uncomfortable on the 5s: editing a video in Lumafusion, working on a spreadsheet in Numbers, and updating a document in Pages.

Probably it's a good thing that I don't have to choose a new phone because I really wouldn't know what to do.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Cautious with respect to these new phones’ battery life being 5G and promotion

I’ll wait for the official reveal before making a decision

my 11 pro has given me the best battery life experience I’ve ever had on any smartphone, be it android or iOS.

feels great in the hand, great size for one hand use and media consumption, great size and screen resolution for reading PDFs

cameras are amazing as is the depth water rating. Back glass is super resistant to scratches and finger prints. Screen is bright outdoors. It’s fast. Does everything I was and above all the battery life is amazing

it’s my personal gold standard for a smart phone.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
yes I will be upgrading too the iPhone 12" 6.1 pro model from the iPhone 11 when it comes out at long last I be able to upgrade too the pro model and keep the same screen size with out having it feel too big or too small at the same time I find the 6.1 screen size the sweet spot for me I think the 6.1 screen size of the pro will sell like hot cakes

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
That sounds good. 3x zoom. ?

Well, I’m boring so the main advantage it would have for me would be to allow me to take a picture of my bunny when he’s sleeping from further away without spooking him.

If the zoom lens is of the same quality as the mains turns, though, that could be a big deal.

Reactions: mel823

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
I currently have a XS 5.8" leased which I have to return in October (lease plans were discontinued!)

5.4 non-Pro all the way. When I look at all the leaks of the 5.4 I'm excited. The compact size looks great, hallelujah. The OLED XS is beautiful so to keep OLED is amazing. I'm also looking forward to camera night mode and the smaller notch. But that's all.

The XS is a Pro equivalent but looking at the differences between the XR and XS or the 11 and 11 Pro, I am all for non-Pro and would have had the XR or 11 if they were more compact. I don't feel the need to have every single Pro or new feature and I want to go back to cruising in the far cheaper sweet spot where features trickle down after a couple years. Flagships are becoming more and more unjustified and superfluous.

The 2020 SE is a letdown in physical design to me, despite being good functionally. Look at $300 Samsungs. It's not 2014 anymore. Lew on Unbox Therapy yesterday was right.

Last edited:

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Not on a plan, but I won’t upgrade until 2021. 5.8 was actually the perfect size for me. 6.1 is slightly too big and it means I will have to start using my phone with 2 hands which I hate. The 5.4 was interesting, but I don’t like the fact that it’s not part of the Pro line like what was originally rumored. I’ll let you guys be the guinea pigs.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I’m tempted to go the 5.4” route but man if the pro models do have pro motion I’d be tempted to go 6.1”.

But if the regular 12s have the (PRODUCT)RED I’d really want that.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Keep my 11 Pro Max (missing my X) and grab the 5.4" model. But I'll try the 12 Pro model if they go with the 120hz screen. We shall see. I know the 5.4" will no doubt be lacking features.

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
i will stay with the same size as my iphone xs.. for me its the perfect mix between size and display.. i have my phone a lot in my pocket and a bigger phone may distrub when i walk or sit..

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m tempted to go the 5.4” route but man if the pro models do have pro motion I’d be tempted to go 6.1”.

I’m not trying to single you out here , but I think it’s blatantly obvious Apple will include ‘Promotion‘ in the Pro models. It’s marketing 101, they want to sell the most expensive iPhone, why wouldn’t they include the newest feature to use that as leverage against consumers to entice them to upgrade. I think that’s pretty obvious at this point it’s a given where Promotion will be emphasized. [Assuming this feature actually comes to fruition.]

Reactions: akash.nu

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I’m not trying to single you out here , but I think it’s blatantly obvious Apple will include ‘Promotion‘ in the Pro models. It’s marketing 101, they want to sell the most expensive iPhone, why wouldn’t they include the newest feature to use that as leverage against consumers to entice them to upgrade. I think that’s pretty obvious at this point it’s a given where Promotion will be emphasized. [Assuming this feature actually comes to fruition.]

Watch Front Page Tech and you’d know why I said that.

Reactions: naturalstar

Davidhedge

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2017
If I’m not mistaken. The new “6.1” model will be the same size as the x/xs/11 pro. The extra 0.3 is due to smaller notch and slightly thinner bezels all around. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: HYPOKON2000

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I’ve had the X since launch (and the 6s before that) and both phones are too big for me. Assuming the 5.4” is in a smaller body, I’ll be purchasing that as soon as I can get a good deal on it. I was one of the ones hoping the SE would have been a smaller phone.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
11 Pro Max here. If the overall dimensions stay the same and the screen is bigger because of the smaller notch, then I may go Pro Max again. I’ve carried Plus/Max phones since the start with the 6 Plus so I’m fine with the current size.

However, I am tempted by the 6.1” Pro. I’d like it to be the overall size of the current 11. The 11 Pro is too small.

ckip10

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2013
Lincoln, Alabama
Probably move to 6.1, I like the size of the 11 but have gotten used to OLED with my X, XS, and 11 Pro. I also use an SE but that is strictly for use with a mask on for the Touch ID. It will be nice to have such a large variety of choices with the new phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.