5 icon dock gone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by linshiwen, Nov 25, 2007.

1. linshiwen macrumors member

This seems a little crazy, but I just got around to installing 1.1.2 tonight (trying to solve frequent-crash problem), and I cant seem to find the setting that allows me to have a 5 icon dock! I thought it was in the Summerboard Prefs, but there is no setting. It looks like

Appearance
    Theme ->
    Theme Wallpaper
    Theme Status Bar
    Theme Icons
    Theme Dock

Advanced
    Wallpaper
    Dim Wallpaper
    Skip Last Row
    Hide Icon Labels
    Hid Dock Labels

Restart Springboard

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? How do I get my 5 icon dock back?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There never was a 5 icon Dock, and if there was, it maybe was for 1.0.2 firmware version only.

3. linshiwen thread starter macrumors member

There was definitely a 5-icon dock for 1.1.1, but I dont remember if the option was in Summerboard or Customize. In any case, its not in either now in 1.1.2

4. tendeep78 macrumors newbie

There was an option for it. I have not upgraded to 1.1.2 yet but if you install xlaunch you can grab a desired program and place it on the dock.

5. cookie1105 macrumors 6502

I was trying to install the glass orb theme today and found that the five icon dock is not an option with customize v1.8 installed. You need to install xlaunch if you want a five icon dock. You should be able to find instructions on modmyifone.com

6. brando88 macrumors 6502

First of all, version 1.1.1 most certainly had a way in Customize to add more icons to the dock.

On version 1.1.2, there is also a very simple and effective way. (I have 5 icons in my dock right now on 1.1.2)

in the sources menu, in installer, click edit at the top right, and add at the top left.

type: ride4.org/shai.xml

from there after it refreshes, go into the install section and download the All Sources source.

Finally, go into ModMyIfone.com category and choose Customize NM. It says only for 1.1.1 but it is fully functional on 1.1.2 also. It allows you to add more icons to your dock. (it is basically Customize 1.13 patched to work on the newer firmwares.

7. airfrancisco macrumors regular

This works great! One thing, do i uninstall the customize 1.18 and keep the patched one or keep both to be safe?

8. brando88 macrumors 6502

You can uninstall the patched one and use 1.18 if you want, I do. The dock remains with 5 icons in the "icon order" section of 1.18 too.

9. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

yeah, I set my dock to 6 icons when Customize had that option, now it's respected by the newer Customize.app but no longer customizable (i.e. I'm stuck with 6 now). I think that's why the Customize (Old) package was put on Installer.app a week or 2 ago. You can install the old version to edit that stuff, then upgrade to the newer version for better stability.