Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackryan57

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2008
It's a nice little tweak to make your keyboard look more like a complete one. Its in Cydia and is called 5-Row QWERTY Keyboard (BigBoss Repo). You can toggle between the 5 Row one and regular one just by pressing the command/language key. There is also a Numeric Pad inside the 5-Row! Pictures are attached

My only gripe is that it is not compatible with my Storm keyboard :( As you can see, only some buttons are showing from that theme. I hope an update can fix this or something like that.

Edit: Pressing Shift/Caps lock brings up more options as well!:D

On Post #1 the bottom left keyboard screen shot shows a period where the spacebar is as well as the @ sign. How do I get this on mine. I have it set so I see numbers on the top row but I have a long spacebar and not period or @???

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
What do you mean? It's exactly the same as it was with, or without the mod?

With the mod. If your in landscape mode and already have the mod enabled it will also show the row of numbers,etc. So basically it works in both portrait and landscape

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
On Post #1 the bottom left keyboard screen shot shows a period where the spacebar is as well as the @ sign. How do I get this on mine. I have it set so I see numbers on the top row but I have a long spacebar and not period or @???

The period and @ show up when you are typing in an email field.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I always like that, but I just dont want to jailbreak my Phone I'm good with how it is now. But if our phones came stock like that I would most likely use that keyboard if there was the option to take that route

stogie53

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
5row QWERTY & intelliscreen

does anyone have 5row QWERTY working with intelliscreen???:confused:

stogie53

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
5row QWERTY & intelliscreen

Got very quick reply from APP creator (Kenny)!! In intelliscreen under performance enable iKeyEx! Works!!

kenkamm

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
Will this still work if I have hClipboard installed? That also makes use of that globe icon to activate the clipboard functions.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Will this still work if I have hClipboard installed? That also makes use of that globe icon to activate the clipboard functions.

Yes, it will work. The globe icon cycles through all your activated keyboards. So if you have regular keyboard, 5 row QWERTY, and hClipboard, the globe icon cycles through them one at a time.

Daveychan

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2009
Me likey likey

Hello... i wanted to say THANKS! for this app... i use it daily and am pleased with it.

Sorry, but i also have one small complaint that someone else pointed out as well... Could you put the question mark (?) in one of the numbers SHIFT function please? Perhaps replace the #, $ or ^ These aren't used very much by most people i think and even though it IS exactly like a real QWERTY board looks, i'm not pleased with going into the "123" and then the SHIFT to be able to add a question mark.

Please and Thanks!

Again, Well Done!

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hello... i wanted to say THANKS! for this app... i use it daily and am pleased with it.

Sorry, but i also have one small complaint that someone else pointed out as well... Could you put the question mark (?) in one of the numbers SHIFT function please? Perhaps replace the #, $ or ^ These aren't used very much by most people i think and even though it IS exactly like a real QWERTY board looks, i'm not pleased with going into the "123" and then the SHIFT to be able to add a question mark.

Please and Thanks!

Again, Well Done!

Hmm, I'll look into this

kenkamm

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008

Please and Thanks!

Again, Well Done!

First off, thanks for creating this app! It is brilliant. I agree with Daveychan, though, if you could make the "?" easily accessable, I think it would be a big improvment for this platform.

Thanks,
Ken

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
First off, thanks for creating this app! It is brilliant. I agree with Daveychan, though, if you could make the "?" easily accessable, I think it would be a big improvment for this platform.

I'd also like to have the period and comma easily accessible. I know I can get the period by double tapping the space bar, but sometimes I don't tap fast enough and just end up with two spaces and no period. And I'd definitely like to be able to type commas without having to switch to the "numbers" screen.

But this is the keyboard Apple should have included with the iPhone! I really love the arrow keys and the "delete" button, they are so convenient. Yet one more reason why I couldn't go back to a "stock" phone!

Bodah

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I also would like to throw a vote in for a more easily accessible question mark ?
It just takes too much effort to get to it, and I use it a lot.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I also would like to throw a vote in for a more easily accessible question mark ?
It just takes too much effort to get to it, and I use it a lot.

Yes thats true, I've emailed the developer of it:)

Hdu123

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
definitely agree with the posts about the question mark. Would use it a lot more if it were easier.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
2 clicks is "too much effort?" Wow...

Not so much effort, perhaps, but it does break up the rhythm of your "typing." Type a sentence, stop, click on the "123" button, wait for the screen to switch, press shift, wait for the screen to switch, press "?" then tap "abc" and wait again for the screen to switch. You've just lost at least three seconds. That's a lot of time when you are trying to type fast. I think commonly used punctuation marks, namely the period, comma and question mark, should ideally be one key-click away, and it'd be better if we could get to them without having to switch away from the main "abc" keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.