Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Sounds like BS to me. Some lines won't be updated for a while. Why would they clear the inventory now? Even so, 50% is a big percentage. 10% I can see, but not much more.

blueflame

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2003
Studio City
im buying

ill get me a mac right now. we should cour for this? barnes and nobles?
edit: adding stuff& spelling:

even a 250 dollar mac mini would be incredible, id use this instead of a dvd player, and it would certainly help push the move into the attatch to tv world

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I can see 10% or 20% (although that would be pushing it)

They have to maintain profit margins somehow.
Homeboy (steve jobs) has more business sense than to do that.

On Tiger night (best. night. ever!) 10% discounts were handed out as a door prizes. It didn't go to everyone. So, I don't see why they'd (basically) give everyone in the US a 50% off coupon.

10% to 20% if anything.

that being said, I'll be lining up outside the Apple store at 10 AM. (I'll be at the Galleria ~7.) I can pretend it's a grand opening.

/where's my free shirt?

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
This is a PAGE 6 RUMOR. but hey, if you want to believe it, be my guest.

maybe you'll get an Apple Mighty Mouse as a door prize.
Oooo .....

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
There's SOMETHING going on.. but no details, even though this image (the larger one) was from the "details" link page (off the smaller graphic):

From the email (it started out with the smaller graphic and then had the following text):

Tell a friend about this special one-day shopping event.

*Only at the online and retail Apple Store locations. Sale prices are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last.

Copyright © 2005 Apple Computer, Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 303-3DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.
All Rights Reserved / Keep Informed / Privacy Policy / My Info

Attachments

• AppleShop.jpg
    AppleShop.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 199
  • AppleShop1.jpg
    AppleShop1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 148

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
total BS, but i just hope they give off the ipods maybe like $30 and the JBL onstage II :D

i hope u can order stuff online for us people who hate crowds

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
yellow said:
There's SOMETHING going on.. but no details, even though this image (the larger one) was from the "details" link page (off the smaller graphic):

From the email (it started out with the smaller graphic and then had the following text):
Ok, those images just invoked a hardware store bag sale in my mind. Anything you can fit in a certain sized bag is 10-20% off. There's a height limitation too.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Eidorian said:
Ok, those images just invoked a hardware store bag sale in my mind. Anything you can fit in a certain sized bag is 10-20% off. There's a height limitation too.

Oooo... I have never heard of this type of sale...

I can fit a LOT of stuff into a bag. :D

20 Nanos + eBay, anyone?

haaa... like I would pay for something!

Jon'sLightBulbs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2005
Chicago
There's no 50% discount in the pipeline.

But we'll definitely see a 60% price cut across the line, including the dual cores. All apple branded software will be 70% off.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
if this happens im going crazy, i bought a PB 17'' for my Mom for xmas we have not given it to her yet so if i bought it now it would have been just as good.

Still 500 iBook id get one!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, its supposed to be a coupon in a magazine....so we should know before Friday - and I'm thinking only a few magazines come out weekly...

I'd laugh if they do it - 50% off on a quad G5 - riiiiight :p

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.