500 new Apple Pay banks - What banks are they?

ethanwa79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Previously announced:

- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- USAA
- Chase
- Barclaycard
- Citi
- American Express
- Capital One
- PNC
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- US Bank

Confirmed to be implementing Apple Pay (announced outside of Apple):

- Huntington Bank
- KeyBank
- First Hawaiian
- First National Bank of Omaha
- Silicon Valley Bank
- SSFCU
- SunTrust
- Synchrony Financial
- TD Bank (confirmed by MacRumors user talking to bank management)

From the Live Stream I can see these NEW banks of the 500 announced:

- Discover
- Citizens Bank
- 5th / 3rd Bank
- Financial Partners Credit Union
- Foothill Credit Union
- Advantage One
- First Data
- Bethpage
- CEFCU
- BBVA Compass
- BayPort Credit Union
- Amplify Credit Union
- First Niagara
- Cambridge Savings Bank
- Credit Union of New Jersey
- Credit Union 1
- CyberSource
- CBW Bank
- Golden 1 Credit Union
- Belvoir Federal Credit Union
- Colony Bank
- CFE Federal Credit Union
- Electro Savings Credit Union
- Centra Credit Union
- Commerce Bank
- First Data
- Community First Credit Union
- Glenview State Bank (GSB)
- Great Western Bank
- America's First Federal Credit Union
- BECU (confirmed: https://twitter.com/BECU/status/509866491185885184)
- First Arkansas Bank & Trust (FAB&T)
- Global Payments (confirmed: https://investors.globalpaymentsinc.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=874143)

Adding more as I see them... some are difficult to make out... I can see about 3-4 banks that slide by that I can't quite see what they say.

Can anyone see others that I can add to this list?

Last edited:

ethanwa79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Thats OK, I am not really interested in seeing all 500 banks in a list. I will trust Apple on this one.:apple:
Since you have Wells Fargo, of course you wouldn't. I think people with small banks may appreciate the list though.

ethanwa79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
What's interesting is that listed on the slide is both Global Payments and First Data, both being in the processing business, not banks.

I wonder if the are counting the "500 banks" as being all of the banks served by these processors?

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
What I'd really like to know is if non-US iPhones will be able to add US credit cards to PassBook. I have a feeling you'll need to be signed into to a US iTunres account, but I wonder if one does, adds a credit card, then switches back if it'll continue to work.

Trying desperately to get a US credit card..

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
I work at HSBC, have not heard anything yet, will keep a look out on it and post back.

----------

Yah that was a tad embarrassing.

The people at the PNC branch I opened an account with had no idea - hadn't even heard of Apple Pay. This was maybe 2 weeks ago.

This isn't terribly surprising to me since the only people that would need to know would be the execs and the back end people.. The branches have literally nothing to do with it except customer awareness, which would be important sometime soon (but not today, they aren't a launch-day bank).

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
Where is an official list of banks? I use BBVA Compass and am wondering if I need to switch banks to use Apple pay?

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I'm really hoping my credit union joins up soon. Until then, I can use the Barclaycard Visa I got to buy my iPhone last year. I don't think I've used it since, but I really want to try out Apple Pay. The big dealmaker will be when someone like Target starts using it.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this list yet, just stumbled upon it while doing a Google search for "my bank"+Apple Pay. I don't know if it's a full list of the 500, but it seems like quite a few banks and credit unions will be supported starting the 20th (including mine).

http://usa.visa.com/clients-partner...on/apple-pay/financial-institutions/index.jsp
This is a great list, but it says they are working with them to get it up and running in the coming weeks.. Not nessarily the 20th.

I didn't see my local CU on there, but I can't remember if they are visa or MC. The others around me are, naybe they will step up to the challenge!

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
This is a great list, but it says they are working with them to get it up and running in the coming weeks.. Not nessarily the 20th.
More to the point, and to quote:

Starting October 20th, iPhone 6 or 6 Plus users with Visa cards issued by Bank of America, Capital One, Citi Bank, Chase and Wells Fargo Bank will be able to initiate mobile purchases with Apple Pay in stores.

In addition, Visa is working with hundreds of financial institutions to enable Apple Pay for Visa credit and debit cardholders in the coming weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.