Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
They look awesome. I'm getting the white one.

The high res gallery isn't up yet, but they do have some pics on the main page for the capsule. From the site:

Shock Jock

With Capsule Rebel, we have utilized brand new materials and radical design methods to protect your iPhone. Introducing UltraFrame™hard protection system, a unique cover-all hard shell exo-skeleton frame made with Lexan® polycarbonate protecting all the important parts of your iPhone 3G that may be prone to impact. In addition, we have utilized a special new material called ADSP (Adaptive Dynamic Soft Polymer) underneath the frame to protect the delicate surface of your iPhone 3G. Your iPhone 3G needs some hard core TLC (Tender, Loving Care) to protect it, In order to protect your phone, we have utilized a brand new material for the delicate protection needs of your iPhone 3G. Introducing ADSP, a new polymer which is hip huggin’ soft but yet tough enough to divert shock for your everyday needs. ADSP is also very deterent to discoloration and soiling from day to day use. It’s the best material ever used in a hybrid case.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.html#

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 364

SPeditor

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2008
Thanks slapppy.

I just ordered the black one. I returned the Belkin leather case today, as it was too bulky for my pocket. Hope this is the one. If not I may go with the Giffin Wave as my wife has one that looks and feels good. Just don't like the color choices.

Lincx

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2008
Central Florida
it actually looks like a really good case, unless inCase comes out with a slider for the 3G it looks like this is the case ill be gettin.
i hope inCase decides to make a slider tho, the one for the original iPhone looked really good. :D

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
My only problem is the dual material comment I know it says it will slip in and out of your pocket with ease but is that really true when your sitting down and have to pull your phone out.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I wonder how it will withstand drops. Also wondering if it will work with an iPHone with a shield installed.

Lincx

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2008
Central Florida
I wonder how it will withstand drops. Also wondering if it will work with an iPHone with a shield installed.

Actually, im sure it'll work fine with a screen protector if thats what your getting at.

Check this out, got it right off the case site.

As a SwitchEasy tradition, we have included everything you need to protect and accessorize your new iPhone 3G. With our Rebel package, you’ll get the following

* (2) Two anti-static Screen Guards
* One Microfiber Wipe
* One Universal Dock Adapter
* One Video Dock Stand
* One Squeegee for your Screen Guard application
* One Power Jack Connector Protector

:rolleyes:

Seibikitei

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Yarmouth, ME
I can't decide if this thing looks gimmicky or awesome... My biggest concern is what does the inner case stuff feel like. Personally I hate silicon cases and the way they feel, also how some of them to get that gritty feel after a while.

I'd want to know if the phone will slide in and out of my jeans pocket smoothly or if it's going to "catch" with this type of case.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
I can't decide if this thing looks gimmicky or awesome... My biggest concern is what does the inner case stuff feel like. Personally I hate silicon cases and the way they feel, also how some of them to get that gritty feel after a while.

I'd want to know if the phone will slide in and out of my jeans pocket smoothly or if it's going to "catch" with this type of case.

No gimmicks from their first one the Capsule for the iPhone. I have that and its an amazing protector. Looks great, protects the iPhone like no other and doesn't scratch the bezel.... I can't wait for my delivery on this new one. :)

Sphyrna

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
This does look pretty interesting. I'm tempted to order it and return my Incipio cases to the AT&T store. The extras they throw in, including a universal dock connector, are a nice touch. I'm still leaning towards getting a shield and holster for the naked look, but this might be good for when I don't want to use the holster.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
That was quick. I ordered this morning. Got confirmation that it shipped already. I thought for sure it would be a week before I get it. Arrgh, I'm on a business trip and babying my iPhone like a madman, but won't be able to use it till I get home. I should have shipped it to my hotel.

SPeditor

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2008
That was quick. I ordered this morning. Got confirmation that it shipped already. I thought for sure it would be a week before I get it. Arrgh, I'm on a business trip and babying my iPhone like a madman, but won't be able to use it till I get home. I should have shipped it to my hotel.

I too ordered this morning and it's already shipped. I hope it's what I'm looking for. Don't want to ship another case back.

The extras sold me on this case.

FYI - I have the PS anti-glare film for the glass and I give it a big thumbs up. Easy to add and remove. I can't see any finger prints on it. Yeah it's a clearer image without it but to me it's worth it.

automatickyle

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
Montana
I am holding off to see what users actually think here about it. I have found that is one of the smartest ways on deciding for a case.

dreadpiratedoug

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
I just ordered mine after changing my iPhone to the 16gb white and canceling my 8gb black. It's a very slick looking case, will update after I have them together.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
I too ordered this morning and it's already shipped. I hope it's what I'm looking for. Don't want to ship another case back.

The extras sold me on this case.

FYI - I have the PS anti-glare film for the glass and I give it a big thumbs up. Easy to add and remove. I can't see any finger prints on it. Yeah it's a clearer image without it but to me it's worth it.

I have the DLO version which looks and works exactly like the PS. But the DLO gives you 5 sheets. I have the PS also on the Touch and they both work exactly the same. I love not having to constantly wipe 2 or 3 times a day like with my original iPhone. I used the PS crystal on that one, wiping constantly drove me nuts.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
where do you see this crystal version?
it doesnt seem to be on their site

I checked the site also and I don't see this model. I see a blurb on the Artic coming soon, but not this one. Also the picture you have looks kinda fake/photoshop. Perhaps the place you ordered it from made up this image before posting an actual product shot?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.