5G Nano Stolen; Now What?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MaxMike, Oct 13, 2010.

1. MaxMike macrumors 6502

Today at school, my 5G iPod nano was left on my laptop to charge. I left it for 2-3 minutes to go check something, and then when I came back I noticed that only the charging cable was left dangling on the floor. They did a whole thing to try to get it, but to no avail. So now I am at a crossroad: I of course give it a day or two to see if anything comes up. But if nothing appears, would it be better to get a new 6G nano, or a clearance or refurb 5G? I am not super crazy about the touchscreen, but I am guessing I could always get accustomed to it. Still, I would almost rather get a new iPod than a refurb that someone already had. I did not use the video camera a lot so that is not a selling point very much, but possibly the ability to play videos will (further thinking needed). Any advice? :apple:

BTW, I called Apple and I'm appalled that there is no flagging system that would mark serial numbers if they are reported stolen :eek:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Contact the school, maybe they have security tapes or something.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Shocking that they didn't take your Dell laptop also. :D

4. r2fa3l macrumors regular

offense intended.
    who the hell leaves their technology unattended.

good luck finding your iPod though

5. peterja macrumors regular

peterja

who the hell steals?

6. shadowbird423 macrumors regular

shadowbird423

EXACTLY.
    I had my iPod Nano (2G) stolen about 6 months after I got it (out of my backpack). The kid that stole it got kicked out from Canisius for drug possession before I figured out it was him.

My new iPad DOES NOT LEAVE MY SIGHT.
    Its the only way to be sure... Quite sad.

On topic, buy a 5G on clearance (I don't see anything fantastic about the new Nano).

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

8. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Theives? Shouldn't expect a thief to not steal your stuff. It's like not driving defensively and expecting everyone else on the road to drive safely.

9. MaxMike thread starter macrumors 6502

well im sorry i'm not god (perfect) like you are =P. i'm 17; you live and learn from the mistakes you make. my friend told me the teachers that were there have a hunch of who it is. and i think it would be a bit hard to hide an entire laptop, especially when they checked everyones backpacks since no one fessed up.

10. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

I think it's time to buy a new iPod touch for you:), and keep it safer.

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If it doesn't turns up, which it most likely wont, I would suggest getting a refurb 5G, you can't tell the difference between a refurb and a new one other than the packaging it comes in. So you don't need to worry about the fact that someone had it before you.