5s Is a Definite Display Upgrade Over 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jan 8, 2014.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

One of the first tests I do when unboxing a new iPhone is to compare its display performance to a previous model. 5s vs 5: 5s undoubtedly has better contrast, slightly so. Noticed this on a friend's as well by just looking at cover art briefly. Not only that but color temperature has been made warmer, making colors more accurate. They pop more.

I know it's not a new device illusion but I'm always surprised people don't notice the display upgrades unless Apple advertises them. They're small but noticeable.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I would say there is a difference between the 4S and the 5S more so than the 5.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Side by side with my old 5 and my gf's 5 I can notice no difference on my 5s.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No difference here. You're just looking at a batch difference. Unless Apple advertises improved displays and reviews/testing confirm it, the test based on one iPhone is meaningless.

5. 617aircav Suspended

I have both no difference. Take note, there have been people reporting differences between 5s phones as there were between iphone fives. Also take note same model MacBook airs for instance, have reports of one scree being better than the other.

6. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

7. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

You just won the screen lottery this time is all.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Screens are made by different manufacturers often, so it could simply be that one screen is from one manufacturer and another one is from another, and that introduces some (slight) visual differences.

9. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I don't know why you would say that-the 5 and 5s have identical screens. However as stated above the 4s and 5/5s do have a slightly different look.

10. 617aircav Suspended

If apple didn't mention it, it didn't happen.