5s Screen click

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IMEKQ, Nov 18, 2013.

1. IMEKQ macrumors newbie

I returned my first 5s because the screen was loose near the top right side. My new one was fine at the store but today I noticed it was clicking a little when I pressed down near the volume buttons. I played with it and it seems to have gone away. I've read numerous threads about this (mainly 5 threads). I'm confident it's not a glue issue as I've watched a couple of screen replacement videos. It looks like the screen clips into place before the bottom screws are installed. Anyone else experiencing this? Also wondering if anyone here has replaced their screen and could tell me how the screen is actually held into place? Thanks!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My screen hat a slight click on the left side, near the Q when the keyboard is being displayed. I was having lots of restarts even after a clean restore, so when I took it into the Apple store they just replaced it. Haven't had any issues with the 2nd phone.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Unluckily I also have the screen click on the top right. It's going back to Apple as soon as I get back to the US.

4. ughbrandon macrumors member

When i went to the apple store because my screen was CLICKING, i got stuck with a deaf Genius, He was nice about it, and replaced it.

5. Jbenn425 macrumors regular

I actually have the same issue on my iPhone 5.

6. IMEKQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Just an update. I decided to take it back to future shop as I was under the 15 day return time. Off course I couldn't make the click happen when I was there. The guy was nice enough to replace it under buyers remorse. My new one seems much tighter ( only time will tell). At the end of the day I really don't think this issue is serious. Doesn't have to do with glue but just the nature of the materials used. Seems like more of an annoyance than anything else.

7. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

I've just had my iPhone 5S replaced by Apple for the same thing. You could press the screen down on the left side by the Q.

He guy said he hasn't seen many with this issue. He swapped it out for a replacement without any issues at all.

8. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Looks like my 5s screen is loose as well. In the top right corner by the power button you can see it's definitely higher than anywhere else, and it clicks when pressed. For those of you who have had a replacement for this issue, did they give you a brand new phone or a refurb? I have a Genius Bar appointment in a couple hours and would just like to know what to expect. Thanks.

9. madKIR macrumors 6502

They give you a replacement box. It's been 2 months since the release of the 5S: it might be a refurb at this point. Anyways, it looks and feels like brand-new.

10. Bikerman1972 macrumors newbie

I also had a click upper right hand side. Apple opened it up and reset the screen and said was all set. I checked it before I left and it was worse. They gave a replacement in white box so not sure if refurbished or new. I did check serial number and was produced before my first one so really not sure. Overall replacement phone all good beside the typical rattle at the power button.

11. Nated macrumors newbie

My screens been clicking for 6 weeks now. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse, so it hasn't bothered me.

I'm not sure if it has to do with the temperature of the phone or what, but it only happens occasionally and always in the same pattern. It'll click two or three times and then feel rock solid--until a few hours pass, then it'll click two or three times, repeat.

I've just been living with it though

12. jefferent macrumors newbie

Have a Genius bar appointment tomorrow, noticed the screen clicking issue a few days ago.

Mines at the left side middle part of the screen.
    I got a iPhone 5s launch day phone. Will give you guys an update with this.

13. Bikerman1972 macrumors newbie

I really hated to give up my phone that I had for three weeks however the clicking would get horrible.

14. Drucifer macrumors regular

blah. I have this same issue on my 5C and I was going to take it back and exchange and pay the difference for a 5S. The left side of my phone near the middle actually moves up and down a bit and clicks. It is driving me crazy and I was hoping the 5S being made of different materials may be better but I guess not.

Now I either just deal with it on my 5C, return it in exchange for another 5C or upgrade and pay the extra to get a 5S and hope it doesn't have the issue. Or I could always not go 5C or 5S.

15. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Another quality product. Steve Jobs would be proud....:rolleyes:

16. jefferent macrumors newbie

Just giving you guys an update...

Im here at apple store at the moment, waiting for an apple genius. Hope it goes well for me.

Thanks

17. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

My girlfriend had the same experience with her few months old iPhone 5, it was just handed in at the shop where it was bought and they replaced it after 14 days. (that's the usual time it takes in Denmark :()

They should replace it right away.

18. jefferent macrumors newbie

Update...

Genius took my iPhone 5s and realign the screen, no screen clicks as of now.

According to the genius apple would not replace the phone with this kind of issue (screen click).

Hope that helps

Cheers.

----------

Good on you apple replaced your iPhone 5.

My iPhone didn't get replaced, i don't mind as long it was fixed. The screen clicks annoys me.

19. jefferent macrumors newbie

BTW Genius guy scratched my 5s, its near the screw (right side) maybe it happened when he was unscrewing, tool might have slip and scratched it.

Thinking of filing a complaint.