5S worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Frankied22, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I am switching to T-Mobile and I cannot make up my mind whether or not I want to spend the extra $100 to have the 5S. Would you guys say it's worth it? I've tried the 5C and it's still an excellent phone.

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Definitely worth the extra $100. Not too much of a price difference. You get a faster phone, better camera and touch id for the price of going out with friends for one day and you'll be using your phone all the time for a year or more. I shot my daughters concert which was indoors with the lights off and the quality of the video on the 5s is amazing. When I used to shoot the same concert with a 5, the footage was really dark and you couldn't really see much detail. Also, when I used to play videos off my iphone 5 on my tv using airplay, it would take at least 20 seconds or longer to play. With the 5s, it takes less than 5 seconds. You'll notice a huge difference when using intensive apps. Get the 5s.

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

To me the Touch ID alone is worth it. I NEVER EVER used a lock code on my phones. But with Touch ID it's simple to stay secure. Especially if you intend to use the iCould Keychain to store passwords.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

This. Especially if your company activesync policy requires a passcode.

5. Frankied22 thread starter macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I was wondering about airplay being faster because I do use an ATV and I notice sometimes it takes a minute or two.

6. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

MUCH MUCH faster!.

----------

This too. I've had all iPhones except the 2g and never used a passcode. Now, I can't see myself not using touch Id. Too fast, easy and secure!.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I say it is because of the Touch ID. My company requires a passcode but I have had a passcode on my iPhone since I could remember. It is not hard for me to type in 4 numbers and it baffles me when people say it is a hassle. However, Touch ID seems pretty great. If I were in the market for a new iPhone, I would want the 5S.

8. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Think about all the country's that have to pay full price, 699€, so $100 is a more than great bet to make your phone more future proof

9. mdbilkey macrumors newbie

mdbilkey

Migrating from a RAZR MAXX to a 5s is like night and day and a simple YES even though a 4s or 5c would have been improvements. The more powerful main processor, motion processor, number of frequencies and the Touch ID are great. You won't regret either one but won't look back from the 5s. Im done with the big screens, so I was sold.

10. m3nphls macrumors member

I'd say worth it if you are going from 5c to 5S. If you had the 5 then it would be another story. I myself don't like to pay that much money for a phone made with plastic so either 5 or 5S.

11. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I agree 130%

12. gtbuzzed macrumors newbie

Up to you. I went from the 4s to the 5c. I liked the feel of the 5c better.

13. fredylee macrumors member

I have both 5C and 5S. If you are on T-mobile, buy your unlocked 5C from craigslist. way much cheaper than the $550 listed price.

or buy iPhone 5 that is in good condition for a much cheaper price.

14. BigMac3 macrumors newbie

I think this is a transition concept phone. The one to watch will be the 6. I upgraded from the 4. Features have improved but battery life is dismal. Bells and whistles are no good without juice.

15. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

Totally worth it ;) i noticed a lot of improvement from the 5, for some reason my 5 lags at times and the battery used to last me 6hrs on the 5 and now 8hrs on the 5s, my usage :) fingerprint has been great working all the time without any problems. Gold is beautiful and the apple leather case brown with it :D

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There will be differences between both once software is optimized. This won't be a sudden change mind you.

17. DanTSX macrumors regular

This

Get the 5c for now. Put the extra $100 in the cookie jar until the 6 comes out.

5c is an awesome phone and the extra tech in the 5s is yet to mature fully.

18. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Forgot to mention that you will end up getting back the extra $100 in resale value if you end up selling the 5s later. I can't think of anything you'll be using more than your phone so go for the best!.

19. Aucun Express macrumors regular

Totally worth it (spending $100 more) from my perspective.

20. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Ha!

I've been using my iPhone since 2009 with Active Sync. Hitting "0000" really quick is second-nature now.

In fact, now that I have an iPhone 5S with it set up with 4 fingerprints, I still unlock it with my weak passcode.

Using a simple passcode isn't so bad.

I can definitely see Touch ID being a life saver if the policy enforced long/complex passwords.