5th Avenue Apple Store Biggest Wait Line Ever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lke, Sep 19, 2014.

1. lke macrumors 6502a

Attached Files:

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

4. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

just like the sydney store youtube opening..i saw all asians running in..I was like where are the Australians or white folk..:p

5. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Serious question.... do most of these people pay with cash? Is that why they wait in line to scalp rather than just order at home?

6. bmt134 macrumors 6502

That's racist.

7. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

They have enough phones to satisfy that line?

8. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

9. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

holy crap someone took a video in Beijing and tried to pass it off as NYC.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think these people look forward to this day every year to make a few bucks

11. accountforit macrumors 6502a

This line represents a group of people who should reevaluate their lives. If you have days to stand in line waiting for a FREAKIN' PHONE.......nevermind.

12. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

Don't understand how people can queue up. I love the phone. But do I really need it launch day?!

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Many of them are going to make several thousand dollars for maybe a day and a half worth of work. How many drones sitting in their offices instead of lining up can make that amount of money in such a short span of time?

14. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

[​IMG]

15. vitacura macrumors regular

I don't know if that's funny or sad. Probably a little of both.

16. erzhik macrumors 6502

17. Sowelu macrumors regular

Sowelu

I walked passed both the 5th Avenue and Grand Central Apple Stores this morning as I walking to work and the majority of the people in line were Asian. WHAT a coincidence. :rolleyes: I don't care about your race or skin color, what I do care about is the fact that MANY people will not get an iPhone today because they are being scalped. Period.

Apple should require a credit card for purchase on release day. I think this would be a valid reason why should anyone question it. Problem is, it's hard to prove without our oversensitive society crying 'racist' simply because most of the scalpers (and paid shills) happen to be of one ethnic group. Apple simply won't go there.

Coincidentally, I decided to wear a royal blue polo today, so I thought it would be fun to put my work ID lanyard around my neck, with the pure white side showing so that I would resemble an Apple Store Employee. As I walked by, I went up to the line and said in a firm voice, 'okay everyone, new rules this year, absolutely NO cash to make an iPhone purchase. Credit cards ONLY and you must show a valid drivers license'.

The reaction was fear and panic (from those who understood me) and many of them picked up their Droid phones with a look of confusion in their eyes. Perhaps they were calling their pimps? I quickly walked away when a real Apple Store employee noticed me. It's midtown Manhattan, so it's easy to vanish in a second.

Just wanted to have a little fun as this sickens me year after year. :confused:

18. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

They make like $300-400 per iPhone (at least), no? They definitely make more standing there for a day than working those 2 days.
    However, people who are there to buy it for themselves.......I can't defend them, haha.

19. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Several thousand dollars each off of a 2 phone purchase limit? Think again.

20. RobNYC macrumors 6502

At one time will they probably sell out of phones though?

21. lke thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am sure that out there is a Chinese boss with a lot of money sending all this people to buy iphones with cash to sell them in other countries or places.

Maybe it is Jack Ma the billionaire from Alibaba sending all that people to buy iphones and selling them on Alibaba.com :D:D:D:D

22. Gincoma macrumors 6502

There always ruining things :)....strength in numbers i guess but alone their very weak :eek:

23. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You're a little crazy.

24. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

WOW Whats up with the millions of asians? I saw a video from Australia and same thing......

haha

25. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Right now Apple can't sell these in China yet, so they are probably headed to China. Would make sense for them to hit Australia too, since that is even closer. I'll just wait for my online order, thank you. Although I wish there was a way to screen out the scalpers. It would make the launch day lines much more fun and manageable- I'd be willing to do it then.