6+ dropped and NOT cracked or placed in jeans pocket and NOT bent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shaunmed, Sep 23, 2014.

1. shaunmed macrumors regular

All I'm hearing is screens shattering and phones bending.

How bout some 6+ owners with stories of it NOT breaking or bending?

2. Alag28 macrumors 6502

6+ owner and hardcore user. No problems here. I love it

3. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I carry mine in my purse so no bending but mine did fly off the side table with a bit of force after I accidentally hit it and it slid across my tile floor on the screen. No damage. It is in a thin Casemate glam case however.

4. shaunmed thread starter macrumors regular

good to hear!

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'd love to help you out but UPS decided to keep my iPhone in transit for 6 flippin days :mad:

6. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Skinny jeans look terrible on EVERYone. Especially guys with fat thighs. They deserve bent phones

7. shaunmed thread starter macrumors regular

who said skinny jeans?! i said jeans as in any denim/ firm fabric. your sweat pants not included.

8. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I wear sweat pants sometimes but they are loose. My jeans are fairly loose too and they're 501s.

9. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

This whole bent thing has been blown out of proportion, someone had to find something about the 6+ because it's so much better than the other big screen phones offered today, but that's my opinion.

10. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

hahahah oh my god

11. Charadis macrumors 6502a

My brother dropped his new 6 plus on laminate floor while he was playing his PS4 (Destiny, if you must know). He was sitting on his chair with phone resting on a pillow on his lap. Happy to report the floor sustained no noticeable damage.

No injuries on the phone, either. Sent from my iPad.

12. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Well this is day 5 of me having my 6+ and it's in an Apple leather case. When it's not on its desk stand it's in my front jeans pocket screen facing inward, no skinny jeans ever lol.
    Being a bit of a cripple I've dropped it three or four times onto carpet and laminate, nothing to do with the phone my 5s suffered the same.
    So far no bends, cracks, scratches or anything else it looks as good as the day it came out of its box.

13. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

No skinny jeans here.

Carry my iPhone 6 plus in my front pocket constantly. Zero bend.

14. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Thoroughly satisfied with my 6 Plus for said reasons:
    -battery life
    -beautiful display/clarity
    -camera/slow mo recording
    -TouchID

once apps are optimized this thing is really going to shine!

How is that game for PS4 by the way? I'm on the fence about purchasing it...

15. darkredcaffeine macrumors member

I dropped it on its bottom corner; no noticeable damage. Consider myself lucky though.

16. bshef macrumors member

Registered nurse (male, if that makes a difference?) here, 6+ owner. Stays in front right scrub pocket all day unless I need to use it. I do A LOT of moving, bending, squatting, you name it... No issues at all. Can't wait until all the medical apps are optimized for this screen!

17. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Wait, there are phones that don't bend???? #StraightGate

18. terps2005 macrumors member

Mine fell out of my shorts pocket and landed on the foot of my aluminum patio chair....not a mark on it. I keep it in my left front pocket and wear it to run and in the gym 4-5 days a week. It's only been 6 days but so far no issues.

19. Azzin macrumors 68040

There seems to be a recent obsession with Apple products, by Apple owners, to try and find a "gate" issue.

It's like a race to find a design fault.

I think it's driven by some kind of "Look at Me" type condition, where these people want to be credited with finding some kind of worldwide issue with a product designed by one of the biggest tech companies on the planet, with arguably the hottest design team on the planet.

Probably failed something or others.

I can't think of the profession that they failed at, but now they seem hell "bent" (see what I did there) in trying to "expose" design "faults" with their latest Apple product.

20. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

no bending or breaking here. of course im not at the bottom of the gene pool and im smart enough not to sit with it in my pocket

21. shootinbil macrumors newbie

I carry my iPhone six in my back pocket all the time. I carry my iPhone 4 and iPhone five the same way.

22. PandaBrit macrumors member

Happy with my iPhone 6 too. Maybe people should say something positive about the new iPhones rather than going on about bending?

23. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

6+ User here... I carry my phone in my front pocket and have had it since launch day, no issues here, straight as an arrow.

As long as you're not wearing super skinny jeans I don't think you'll have a problem.

24. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i had my iphone 6 plus in my pocket for an entire afternoon of chasing my 3 year old around a huge wooden playground. I hit up the slides and everything. My phone is still mint and i couldnt love it anymore

25. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

6 Plus user, got that bad boy in an Apple leather case. No bumps scrapes or bends. Keep in my fron pocket of my jeans on in my jumper. On iOS 8.0.1 OTA have a cellular signal and touch-ID. We must be the blessed few. :rolleyes: