6+ Elements Black Ops

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by h9826790, Jun 1, 2015.

1. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

I use my 6+ since Apple release it, and now finally able to order the case I want. Really looking forward for it.

image.jpg

2. Juarez7514 macrumors member

The black ops are really nice. Had one for my 5s. Loved it

3. h9826790, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

Just arrived, as expected, very good quality. And the metalic parts just looks awesome under different lighting.

DSC00267.JPG

And now, it forms the perfect Black Ops Combo with my watch.
    DSC00278R.jpg

4. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    can you show more picture ?really interested in this case
    and how is the experience ? does it rattle ? does it make the 6 plus too big ?

5. h9826790, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

Sure, few more pics here. Before I get the case, I wonder why the case colour keep changing between pictures on the Element website. And now, I know the answer, because it does looks different under different lighting and angle.

IMG_1822.jpg
    DSC00260.JPG
    DSC00265.JPG
    DSC00259.JPG

The experience so far is very good. Super easy installation, no screw driver required anymore.

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 03.07.43.jpg

Before I have this case, I use the Airmask. From memory, it's just 0.3mm think. So I jump from a very thin mask to this solid case. TBO, may be because it's completely black in colour, so it doesn't looks huge. On hand feeling is very good as well, very comfortable. As you can see, it has ergonomic design to fit your hand.

Also, even though it has very solid protection on all 4 corners (which is very important to handle accidental drop), the grabbing area only increase the width by <3mm in total (just more than 80mm vs 77.8mm naked). Really can't feel the difference in size. I guess this is the main reason why they need to re-design this case for 6+, but not follow the ip6 design.

IMG_1846.jpg

All the button covers are fixed on the case, so no extra installation step required. The volume buttons are very solid. Power button feels a bit loose, it can move up and down for about 0.5mm. All button work with zero problem anyway.

The iphone is perfectly fitted inside the case. However, due to the power button has little room to move around, it can give out a little noise if you shake the 6+.

The biggest downside so far is that I can't flip the silent switch if I only use my left hand to operate the phone. Which is not a problem for me, my Black SS Apple watch is on the way. Once it arrived, the phone will be always silent. Interestingly, when the phone is inside the holster, it's very easy to operate the silent switch.

6. faded03cobra macrumors regular

Is it really worth the price though? I love buying cases and this looks fantastic.

7. faded03cobra macrumors regular

8. athenodorus macrumors newbie

9. h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

Even my wife now says it worth the money (when I want to buy it, she said it's expensive).

This case only avail for pre-ordered VIP at this moment. So no link for the public yet, but I am quite sure it will be avail to everyone soon.

10. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    hmmmm thx
    i got the vip invitation also cause i've been a fans of their cases since iphone 3g era
    one more question, do they fit a full coverage screen protector ?

11. h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

I didn't use any screen protector. And it's really hard to tell. It looks like the side rail is just covering the metal parts, but not the glass.

If you want to use a full screen protector which cover the curve surface as well. That may be very tight. TBO, it looks ok, but really depends on the brand, and did you install the protector correctly. It looks like there is no room for error.

12. leinadhok macrumors member

leinadhok

Love the look of this case but way out of my budget :(

13. woshiniba macrumors newbie

woshiniba

hi
    h9826790

would you mind take some more shots of in side layer of the case please ?? what material it is? and when you close those 2 aluminum crowns dose it scratch the iphone from inside?? many thanks

14. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Blimey! that case puts Spigen to shame with there tough armor series! looks really really nice though

15. h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

At work now, may take photos later.

Anyway, the side rail is made by G10. And the inner side of the crown is plastic, so won't scratch the phone.

16. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I really like the look of this case. I always thought Element cases were over priced. I just don't think I could justify it.

17. Cheer1os macrumors newbie

Hey, h9826790, or Element Case owners. Do you happen to know if this case is compatible with the 6s Plus? I read that there may be an issue with the slight thickness of the newer Plus. I am worried that the case may not fit properly along with the built-in side button functionality. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

18. ndbarras macrumors member

Yes it works, it's snug and at first I had issue with it holding power button down but messed with it a bit and now it works perfect.

19. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

20. h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

Just get 6s+ today, yes it works.

The new iPhone is a big thicker, when installed inside the case, the screen is just tiny bit lower than the edge of the case. So, if you put the phone on the table with face down, it will give you less clearance (between the screen and the table).

All button works perfectly, so no need to worry about that.

My feeling is that the case is "too fit" for the 6s+, once installed, quite hard to pull out the crown to uninstall it. This may be pros or cons, depend on how you use your phone and what your preference.

21. Cheer1os macrumors newbie

Thank you for the responses. I was able to order the Black Ops through Amazon. The case is a tad too snug as stated. Unfortunately, I can not seem to get the power button to work as normal. The button tends to get stuck, though the volume rocker buttons work fine. I don't want to have to use the assistive touch feature to substitute for the power button. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you..

22. h9826790 thread starter macrumors 604

h9826790

There is no trick for me, just install and work flawlessly (including the power button). May be I am just lucky, may be my case already used for few months, so a bit more "flexible".

23. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

You don't own one or know someone who does, do you?

You are wrong. If it does at all it is so little that a direct on/off comparison under any location condition does not show it. Element case with the physical breaks in the aluminum have solved the aluminum case signal issue. I've used their cases since my iPhone 4. The pro model for that phone and all cases since them have not been signal killers. Do your research before you make false statements.