6+ / Has it become your center of mobile use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bossmike0924, Oct 24, 2014.

1. bossmike0924 macrumors newbie

Ever since I received my iPhone 6+...I can't help but notice that I barely touch my iPad or Mac anymore. All the functions I usually need to perform are done right on my 6+. The only reason why I've ever really needed to touch my Mac is because of Final Cut Pro or Photoshop.

Does anyone else feel the same way about their mobile device or the iPhone 6+ in particular?

2. Nipommu macrumors regular

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Yes. I actually sold my mini retina a week after I got the plus. I also have 2 computers and a laptop and don't ever use them. My 6 plus is my main device for everything.

4. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

5. bgro macrumors 6502a

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

No.

None of my habits have changed. I'm using my 6+ like I was my older iPhones.

God it's like people gain an inch and all of a sudden their tablets, tvs, computers all go out the window and are now useless. :confused:

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I still use my mini ipad. Didn't need the Air anymore, so handed it down to my daughter.

I still use MBP, but I long for the day when there is a really good iPad solution for some of the functions I need that for, like editing websites and such.

And of course, my Mac Mini is my media server, so it's critical. :)

8. mrcrlee macrumors regular

Yes. Sold the iPad 4, use Macbook Pro for coding, 6+ otherwise.

9. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

10. dannynjoni macrumors member

I love that this thread exists because I am in the same boat. My iPad is dead to me. I've tried to use it. I really have. The thrill is gone. Love having this beautiful screen (I thought the iPad was) and typing in portrait just "fits", while holding my iPhone 6+ is just way easier too. It's just more functional and productive.

At first I thought it was just a honeymoon phase but my feelings only grow stronger. This is the one.

I also agree that PS and FCP are the only real reasons for my main computer now.

Now if ONLY more apps were optimized for iPhone plus in landscape mode I would be in heaven.

11. didiee macrumors 6502

it's still very different reading on ipad vs plus

12. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

If you're talking books or newspapers I don't read. If I did I would use my wife's nook that collects dust. iPad is too heavy to use as a book. Just my opinion.

13. GolfnCPA macrumors member

GolfnCPA

14. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I have to agree with almost everyone in this thread. I haven't touched my iPad since I bought my 6 plus. I never really took my iPad out of the house. It's the best feeling in the world to be able to have my 6 plus on me every were I go. Apple hit a homerun with the 6 plus.

15. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I do use my iPhone 6 Plus more for iPad/iMac related browsing/shopping/email/Pages/etc. But I also notice that I am answering my phone on the iMac and iPad... and texting the greenies, too. I FaceTime on all of them. All three are vital organs in my body of tech. A life-support system. Can't wait for my Watch.

16. wxman2003 Suspended

I continue to use my iMac and iPad every day, the same prior to having the 6 Plus. The 6 Plus is my mobile device, not my home device. In fact, handoff allows me now to use my iMac more than my iPhone at home.

17. cababah macrumors 68000

This was the case for me for the first couple of weeks while it was my "new toy." After the novelty wore off, I went back to using my iPad Air as my primary device at home.

5.5" is no comparison to 10" when it comes to Internet browsing and watching movies.

18. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I use my Macbook, iPad, and 6 Plus in conjunction with each other. Handoff and continuity have made all three devices better. For quick consumption of media, I will grab my 6 Plus over my iPad, but for anything extended the iPad is preferable.

And the iPad Air, even with the Apple smart case, is much lighter than many books I own. It's a great reading device (although I tend to use a Kindle for serious reading sessions because of eye strain and lack of distractions).

However, if I had an iPad Mini, I think the 6 Plus would have made it superfluous. The Air retains its value for me.