6 months and still buggy

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by laszlo182, Mar 12, 2014.

1. laszlo182 macrumors regular

So yes 7.1 got FINALLY released, I was excited as hell because I thought it will be rock solid until...
    Photos app froze when I set a picture as a wallpaper several times,
    Settings app crashed when I quickly tapped twice on a switch
    and there's a glitch sometimes when I pull down the notification bar.

It would probably sound like a cliché but I don't think that this is an :apple: quality. I was expecting more from iOS 7.1. But on the other hand my 5s is faster and I haven't seen any random reboot yet. :) It probably just needs time 'cos as they say it is a completely new OS...

So have you found any bugs like these?

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

iOS 7.1 is not buggy for me, and many others so it must be something at your end. I didn't download but a clean fresh install not using iTunes either. Give that a try.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It IS buggy. You either don't notice the bugs, or don't use your device in a way which causes them to manifest

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

iOS and any OS is always buggy, just depends on what the bugs are, how many people really encounter them, etc.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It's rock solid on my iphone 5. Heck the battery life is even better than it was. I had music going for 8 hours at night as I fell asleep. Woke up to 95% battery remaining.

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Hmm.. wierd. The only bug I still see present is the slight stutters in a few menus that are full of images, and that pesky status bar multitasking glitch.

None of these affect anything since everything else is rock solid and smooth on my iPhone 5.

Are you using an iPhone 4 or just trolling?

What do you mean by buggy?

7. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Are you serious? Goddamn that's awesome! What device? (I'm on mobile so if you have it in your sig I can't see)

8. mofunk, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

At first I thought it was going smooth.. Then like OP said the Apps that are installed with iOS 7 crash or unresponsive. Do not disturb mode allowing calls now.

Upside . I haven't seen the black screen in awhile.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Every night I charge my phone to 100%, load up my massive playlists and go to sleep with music playing in my head. This morning I woke up and my phone was at 98% battery after playing music all night. I was genuinely shocked. It seems like the battery gets better and better with 7.1 so weird.

10. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Read the post again....

11. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

It is a reskin.

12. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

It's really strange how it can vary per device. I downloaded OTA from iOS 7.0.6 and iOS 7.1 has been a joy to use, it really has. No crashes. Touch ID is better and reads my print faster. Many more things I could include.

13. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Obviosuly it's more than a reskin. If it was then it wouldn't be so crash prone compared to iOS 6.

14. sunking101, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm finding iOS7.1 to be far more obviously buggy than 7.0.4
    Sure a few things have been fixed but some really obvious bugs have been introduced, things I noticed within an hour of installation! How can these bugs not have been spotted before release? The mind boggles.
    Before anyone says, I did a DFU clean install via iTunes and set up my iPhone 5 as new.

Once I had finished loading apps, the spinning wheel icon was permanently visible and only a reboot (both buttons jobbie) fixed this. Whether it's a temporary fix is anyone's guess.
    Also, Safari pages seem to momentarily judder once loaded.
    I have strangely out of place text in various places.
    I have also experienced MORE Safari webpage reloads which the update was supposed to fix.
    Another old problem still not fixed is the camera app displaying the GPS location icon briefly when closed, and I assume it's on the whole time the app is open. Despite the camera toggle being off in location services, the only thing which cures this bug is toggling the compass calibration to off, or of course switching location services completely off. The latter is unthinkable as I use many apps which require it.
    Battery life remains way down on iOS6.
    I'm gobsmacked that Apple have made such a pig's ear of iOS7 and to think that six months on they still can't make this o/s as stable as iOS6 is disgraceful.

Sure the Apple apologists, and those who don't use their phones all that much to notice these problems will say that their iDevices are working perfectly, but my experience tells me that this is a far from perfect offering from Apple.

15. Azy macrumors regular

I did a full restore from iTunes for iOS 7.1 and i have seen issues. I used beta 5 and felt that it was very good and saw very few issues and those I did we're too minor too care about.

Twice now my phone has become do unresponsive I have had to restart it. Is press an app it would change the image it would appear depressed but it wouldn't load then I could even swipe to the next page. When it's working well it works very well but Definatly as a whole worse than beta 5.

iPhone 5S

16. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

While a bug free operative system doesn't exist, I surely can say iOS 7.1 is the best iOS version I've seen so far.

17. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Mine crashes like crazy. It's ever worse than 7.0.6. The mail app can't be used anymore it lags like crazy.

18. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

My 5S is working fine too. Haven't had any of the issues noted in posts above.

19. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Your 5S only knows iOS7, so you haven't got any performance or battery life comparisons to make with iOS6. Lots of us have. You have a bigger battery than us and iOS7 was designed to run on your phone, but bodged onto everyone else's. Sure you will have bugs but judging by your post, obviously nothing too dramatic to cause you concern

20. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5s, iPad 4, wife's iPhone 5 all seem to be working great. I have always just updated (OTA or iTunes), never a fresh, clean install and have not noticed any of the problems noted. It just seems like such a pain and inconvenience to start fresh on every new iOS update. I am sorry so many are having problems, but it must be a handful of devices. My kids have 2 iPod 5th gens, and although I have not played around with them, they seem to be working fine without crashed, severe battery drain, etc. I, personally think iOs 7.1 is much smoother than 7.0.x, even though I didn't have any problems with that either. Plus, the old calendar view is back!

21. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Care to post a video of you using it so we can see the bugs?

22. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

It is not...

23. Dented macrumors 6502a

Please stop talking as if you speak for some kind of majority. You don't. I can readily compare 7.1 on my iPhone 5 to every other version of IOS since 2.0 onwards on a variety of phones, and I can say without doubt that 7.1 is the best IOS has been and a perfect match for my current device. If you're having a bad experience that's a shame, but hey - maybe you should post that video? Maybe a video might help illustrate what your many, many complaints are really about.

24. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

One issue I came across is when I get a text message and I swipe to unlock my phone to put in the password, it will lock up. It did this twice yesterday, and I had to do a hard rest. I did a full restore today so I'll see if I still have it.

25. ABC5S macrumors 68040

No, its your end. User error.

I don't jailbreak, I don't put apps not coded correctly for the newest iPhone, I use it as a phone, email (which works just fine), a little Safari, Photos, no music, no games ( Have a computer for that and bigger screen to boot), some text and when I got iOS 7.1, I did a clean install. :D