6 or 6+? : Which did you go for first? Change your mind?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Nov 10, 2014.

1. nouveau-apple, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Combined sales is probably more important. But I think everyone is surprised that the 6 Plus is the one that everyone wants.

But it's certainly not my cup of tea.

2. xWhiplash macrumors 65816

I went with the 6. I had a feeling that the 6+ would be too big, and I was right. The 6 is the perfect size for me. I would not want a bigger phone.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I went with the 6 plus because it's features fit my needs and wants better then the 6. Better battery, better camera thanks to OIS, bigger display.

4. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's been the thing for me, I would be drawn to the better battery life. But they should've put that in the 6.

Would I sacrifice the better battery life for a smaller screen. Yup. That's why I'm getting the 6.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Got the 6. Felt like the 6 Plus was too big for practical use and it is. Satisfied with my decision.

6. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think the girls who get the 6 Plus are the girls who have just switched from Android and it reminds them of their Note's and Galaxies. They just needed a reason to switch and now they have one.

7. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Maybe you should just wait until next year? Imagine how awful the 6 plus will be at running iOS 9 and 10.

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Great, we really wanted this feedback.....

Why do people like this even bother posting?

Anyhow, I went with both as I have a work and personal line, but if I had to choose one it would be the 6+ for sure. Great smartphone.

9. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wanted the feedback i take what i can get

10. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

My situation is complicated; I went for the 6 on launch, then started looking at the plus after instantly dismissing it. Bought the plus and then didn't like it, went back to the 6, then the screen and internet just wasn't the same, went back to the plus and couldn't be happier.

11. Shabbis macrumors regular

128GB 6+ Space Gray (wish it was the iPad Air gray though) coming from a 5.

At first, I felt I made a mistake, the 6+ felt so large, and I have pretty big hands. But after a couple weeks of constant use, I couldn't imagine going back to the 5 or even a regular 6.

12. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't get a chance to really look at the 6 plus because apple reps kept coming up to me while I was spending more time with the 6. I wanted to see the difference between the retina hd's.

I don't think the 6 plus is better.

13. groggy2333 macrumors regular

Originally had the 6 and went for the 6+ after seeing it in person. I wanted the extra screen estate + better battery life is what got me. No regrets. Not to say the 6 was a bad phone; just preferred the 6+ ';)

14. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

All this time I assumed that they would both be different prices. :eek:

But apparently that's not the case :eek:

15. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I bothered posting this because I don't think either phone is a good choice. The 6 series phones have lackluster specs and an incredible awkward form factor. Oh and lets not forget the cherry on the top...iOS 8. Its very hard to believe coming from the same guy that designed us the beautiful iPhone 4.

16. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

When they were first announced I said I was going to get the 6. But the more I read about the 6+ the more intrigued I became. Finally, when I held one I knew it was the phone for me.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

He also designed the 3G.

18. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

The question was which between the two. If you want to discuss whether or not they are good phones at all, there are numerous threads for that.

But in this thread, the question began with the premise that those posting would have bought at least one or the other (perhaps both to see which they liked better). Since you haven't done any of the above, we're really not interested.

I personally couldn't disagree more with your assessment.

19. rich32gb5s macrumors regular

I chose 6+ . No more squinting . Lovely looking piece of kit too. Yes it's a stretch but so is getting up every morning for work :)

20. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

I originally went with the 6, but after a few days I instantly regretted it and purchased a 6+.

I think the 6+ was perfect for me, but unfortunately it had a faulty battery, so it was swapped. Now that I have the actual battery life that this phone advertises, it's perfect.

I held a 6 in my hand the other day, and it felt so damn small. The 6+ was perfect and it only took a few days to master one hand use

21. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Was originally going to get the 6 but opted for the bigger display. I could not be happier with my Plus.

22. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Before the pre order I was first set on the 6 figuring minimal upgrade price larger screen than my iPhone 5 and felt the 6plus was just overboard with its size.

However, having cut out the phone templates it made me realize that the 6 was only a marginal screen increase and that the 6plus would actually fit in both my pants pockets an shirt pockets. It was then that I changed my mind to go with the 6plus as screen size has always been my main pet peeve with the iPhone.

After much consideration the 6plus seemed like the logical choice for me. I rarely use the phone function and the larger screen had so many advantages for me with web browsing, in car navigation, email & texting. The 6plus also become useful enough for me to leave behind my iPad for some travel.

Everyone's needs are different and I can totally see that one who uses the phone to talk on all day would probably tire of the 6plus size.

23. 0928001 Suspended

Congratulations, you still offered nothing to the thread.

I bought an iPhone 6 16GB, returned it @ the 14 day mark, got a 6 Plus and returned it after 2 days, now sitting happy with my regular 6.

24. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not really. Demand has been around 50:50 and we've known this for a while according to polls but they made more 6 than 6+ so the 6+'s supply is constrained.