6 Plus Fail

bchertov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I went to AT&T to check out the size of the 6 Plus. They didn't have a phone but they had a case that was the same size which I used to get a sense of the size.

Despite coveting the larger Android phones for years, I thought the 6+ was just too ****** big! It's better the the 5s, but I think Samsung got it right with their 5.1 inch screen size.

Sooo unfortunate. Sooo disappointing. I may keep my 6+ pre-order active and perhaps try getting used to it, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up the the 6 and continue my android screen envy.

#6+fail

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I went to AT&T to check out the size of the 6 Plus. They didn't have a phone but they had a case that was the same size which I used to get a sense of the size.

Despite coveting the larger Android phones for years, I thought the 6+ was just too ****** big! It's better the the 5s, but I think Samsung got it right with their 5.1 inch screen size.

Sooo unfortunate. Sooo disappointing. I may keep my 6+ pre-order active and perhaps try getting used to it, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up the the 6 and continue my android screen envy.

#6+fail
Fascinating... :rolleyes:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Ugh, another thread.

I order the iPhone 6 because I wanted a smaller phone, but some people ordered the the 6 Plus because they wanted a bigger phone. Both phones have their merits and target audience, neither is a "fail."

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011

#6+fail
It's a fail for you. Of course that par for the course for you.

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

#6+fail
So, you go to a store to take a look at a phone that's not even out yet so no store will have a model for you to look at not even Apple stores. You then take a look at the case which is actually not a true representation of the screen size since there is still a bezel around the screen and then the actual case itself (and just to head off any inevitable confusion on your part I am mentioning screen size since that's what you referenced with the Samsung comment) And on top of all of this you are calling the 6+ a fail yet pre-ordered it before going to take a look at anything and are going to keep the order.

I always enjoy seeing how people justify things. Keep it coming. Thank you. :rolleyes:

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
Even though iPhone users are split right now, I think most would agree that Apple should find a way to keep a similar physical size to the 6, and shrink the bezel to fit a 5" + screen.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006

#6+fail
More like this thread is a fail.

Down vote for this thread.

vitacura

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
Tell us how you truly feel..

I am waiting to see them in person before deciding on anything.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
6+ fail. Yeah. Ok. Cause you said it. Your right. Great your only speaking for yourself. Because tons of people can say the same. I mean tons.

Velin

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
All phablets are phail. Wait till these things are delivered and people are stuck with these bricks. Can't wait to read the whining.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Yeah, another thread. Thanks.
This. Why does everyone feel the need to make a new thread when there are dozens of similar discussions going on?

We need a downvote button that can lock threads if it hits a certain negative vote.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Cmon guys - cut him some slack. The iPhone 6 plus is a failure, they never sold out at preorder.

easyfame

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2014

#6+fail
All of these people are quite defensive right now I must say.

I have a G3 and barely think its small enough to use everyday comfortably. I phone 6+ is just way to big with all of its bezels and what not. I can guarantee the 6s+ will address some of these issues.

Also you have to remember most of the people on this forum never used a recent android phone so they have no idea what it is like to use a phablet as a daily driver. Picking it up at the phone store is one thing, but using it is another. I think we may see a lot of 6+ returns;)

anywho my rant is over, Can't wait until my 6 gets in.