iPhone 6 Plus Rotation on 6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjk454ss, Nov 8, 2014.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Is there a tweak to give the iPhone 6 the rotation like the 6 plus? I keep seeing Little Brother, but I thought I had seen a tweak that does just the rotation. Something stable too, it doesn't sound like Little Brother works real well quite yet.

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm interested in this too!

I bought littlebrother and I do like it. I removed it though until he updates it. The phone dialer and a couple other issues kept me from using it. He is revising it be able to use all the rotation features in the medium icon setting instead of the small. The small was just a tadbit to small. And also the removing dock background caused issues...

This was the 1st tweak I bought on iOS 8 and then also bought hideme8 when the beta ended this morning.

***Quick google search came up with SBFlip I'm going to go check that out now.***

3. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Is there a repo?

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

6. ccapman670, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

ccapman670 macrumors regular

6 Plus Rotation on 6

Highly recommend rotate +
    When the dev released it I posted that my mail app would rotate and when in a few hours he responded and released an update. Works perfectly.

7. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

8. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

has anyone found a compatible tweak to allow contact pictures to show in the messaging app in landscape mode with Rotate+?

9. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I've been trying to install all day, been getting a Mismatch error in Cydia

10. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I purchased LittleBrother and have been using that. Any reason why you'd prefer rotate+ or other tweak besides for it being free?

I installed that repo but haven't downloaded the app. Are you have problems installing or adding the repo?

11. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I guess I am just staying away from LittleBrother because I read it still needs to be ironed out,nastily has too many bugs. But ill give it a try right now.

For a Rotate+ the repo is installed, I see a Rotate+, but I get a Size Mismatch whenever I try to install.

12. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

So LittleBrother seems fine so far, glad I tried it because I love the rotation but also the higher resolution.

13. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yea me too. I tried one of the others but couldn't really tell the difference. I'd rather pay for a tweak and hopefully petrich keeps it updated...

14. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Hm. Rotate+ works and everything rotates, but I wonder why options are for springboard and lockscreen. BetterFiveIconDock also looks a little strange, but that's expected and most other FiveIconDock tweaks would probably look worse. I suppose it'll be better when Springtomize is out and I can just combine the two and lower the size by 5%-10%. Also, lockscreen is kind of lame since it cuts of the passcode pad.

How does this compared to LittleBrother? And does it seem more like a half-assed jailbrake tweak made to do something the 6+ does, or does it seem native like how it does on the 6+? I hope that made sense.

EDIT: It can go upside down. This is interesting. And is tabbed browsing supposed to be a thing?

EDIT2: Rotate+ doesn't show the text box in the Messages app unless you already have the keyboard up when you rotate it, and even then it stops responding on you half the time.

15. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

i have installed ConvoPics that show Photo in messages app

16. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

I thought it was the opposite... Ive been hearing about problems with Rotate+. Little brother works fine for me, no issues at all.

17. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Thanks I actually found and installed this right before you posted.

18. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

Upscale

Take a look at Upscale. You can set the native screen resolution higher and when you do, the iPhone thinks it's a 6+ and will allow you to natively rotate the screen and get all the other goodies from the 6+. I'd recommend going with a custom resolution of 850x1511 and use ForceGoodFit. A match made in heaven.

19. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I read about little issues, but that was running on a 5s. It's working good on my 6. The only thing I've seen is apps showing small while launching, but it's just for a second while it starts to load, and not very often.

I'll have to look at Upscale too. ForceGoodFit I have, and your right, it's great for those apps not updated yet.

20. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Springtomize messes up the dock in landscape with LittleBrother. Anyone know if it's the same with Upscale?

21. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I'm using SBFlip to rotate. It's under BigBoss repo and is free and works on 8.1

22. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

I'm using them together with no issues. I have Springtomize set to allow 5 icons on dock, 95% size, with icon labels hidden. And I have LittleBrother set to "medium" with home screen landscape enabled.

I love it - this may negate me wanting an iPhone 6+ and let me make due to iPhone 5s + iPad rMini. Not having landscape home screen while phone is docked in my car drove me nuts.

23. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I can't get rotate+ to work. cydia says it's installed but I don't see it in my settings or anything:confused:

24. TheSlimOne macrumors regular

Same here.. I have no issues with it. I use the Ipad mode and love it

25. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Wonder if it's because I had icons set to small? Or because I have a 6 not 5s? Either way, kept causing issues and others are reporting the same thing so I'll just wait for an update.