6 plus: where do YOU put it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grassgreen, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Grassgreen macrumors regular

When your out on the town, sitting down for a meal, or just sitting down. Where do you leave your 6 plus? In your jacket? In your pocket, does it fit? I am curious

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Front Trouser pocket. Fits fine. Not a hint of a bend and I've had it since launch day.
    Of course I don't wear skinny jeans.

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

The iPhone 6sPlus is in my right pocket, at all times. And my bank card, keys, and change in the left. I have no need for a wallet or big case, a purse and a bag etc. It fits just fine in my jeans.

Once I sit down I tinker away on the phone. I process the videos and pictures I took, or catch up on the msgs I got from people. Or get around to make that FaceTime call. If I don't use the phone, I probably am sitting where I can charge it. And then it's on the table too. I always put on the side of the window where no people walk by so nobody can snatch it a little bit too easily. If I just want to relax, and there's no need to be on my phone I try to leave it in my pocket. Its size really isn't an issue for me. It's not in the way or anything.

I hope that personal experience helps you a little bit.

4. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

In my Jeans front pocket and yeh it fits perfectly

5. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

While this does not speak to being out on the town, many women at my gym stuff it into the front their sports bras.

I do see many people carrying it in their front jeans pocket, and it looks huge creating an uncomfortable and unflattering looking outline. Makes me think about how I look with just my SE. My jeans are pretty tight, but not as tight as the guys I've seen carrying the Plus. I guess it's a "look" now, just like the women who stuff their's into their sports bras. Crazy world we're living in these days ...

6. Grassgreen thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for all the answers! Was worried it wouldn't fit. Didnt get to try it in the store, they thought I were doing something else :D
    --- Post Merged, Jul 2, 2016 ---
    the battery life is what draws me. I can't stand my 5s, it won't last a day, and I´m a very light user: brightness set to low, dont watch videos, just texts and the random snaps

7. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Unless you just want the larger phone, the SE was an amazing upgrade for me as far as battery is concerned. My 5s had a problem that was draining the battery in about 6 hours whether I was using it or not. Took it to Apple they aknowledged the problem but couldn't figure out what the problem was, and ultimately suggested I pay $269 to repair/replace. So I upgraded to the SE when it came out instead (good thing I read the rumor sites). The SE lasts the entire day, even with moderate web use and app use. I get at least 9 hours on a full charge with normal to heavy use. Lighter use days my phone will last all day with a good charge remaining before I go to bed.

8. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

The 5s had great battery usage for me. Until the third year. Even after a replacement (unless Tmobile just 'said' they replaced it which wouldn't really surprise me tbh). But the 6sPlus really has a daily usage for me. Until I use iMessage (it is my biggest battery drainer the last 3 months). I can be on 8 hour FaceTime calls without a problem, but then when I am on 4G in Amsterdam texting people about events, then boom, down to 30% after less than half an hour. And I use it for taking timelapses, 4K video, podcasting, iMovie, Skype, FT, etc.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

When at home, it sits either on my bed, sofa, table, countertop, depend on where I am and when I am out and about then my pants pocket.

10. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

At home it's somewhere on the bed, or somewhere on the desk next to the iMac.

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

12. Grassgreen thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that´s not an option for me.. :p

13. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I never had a Plus, but I do have a Galaxy S7 Edge and a 2015 Moto X. The Moto X is almost the same size as the iPhone Plus, and I have no issues fitting it in my pocket. In fact, I just went to Universal Studios this past week and I get really bored standing in line, so I brought my iPad mini 4 with me one day and I was able to fit it in my cargo shorts when not using it.

The only issue I have with larger phones is using them one-handed.

14. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

As per your pre edited reply , Yes I clip that to my belt. ;)

Due to having to mounting and un mounting a fork lift truck at work having the iPhone 6 Plus in my pocket just isn't feasible.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

In all these places…

And a business card holder on my nightstand. In my side pocket when out at a place I will be sitting down at. Try to keep it off tables.

2016-05-26 15.21.28.jpg 2016-06-01 15.50.05.jpg 2016-07-02 11.17.58.jpg 2016-07-02 11.18.57.jpg 2016-07-02 11.19.41.jpg

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

In jeans and most other casual attire I just put it in my front left pocket. In business formal clothing I have a belt clip holster that I put in on.

17. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

18. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Don't have one. Tried in the store and it is too big for me to carry around. Including putting in my pocket and all. Just too big.

19. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I've been doing pockets up to now, but I'm seriously considering the belt holster route. I'm old enough that I don't care what it looks like anymore.

20. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Coworker puts his 6+ in his front pocket with his keys - looks pretty good for its abused life. He never had a problem with bendgate either.

Mine goes in my back pants pocket when I don't want to hold onto it. Wallet usually lives in wife's purse freeing up my wallet pocket for my phone :). Otherwise, I'm usually holding onto it. Couldn't ever go back to less battery life after 1.5+ years of 6+ and 2+ months of 6s+. :) Wife puts hers in her purse or walks with it in hand. She's 5'1 and loves the phone.

When I sit down at a restaurant? It goes out on the table on top of my wallet. Always. I've never sat on my iPhone.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Front left pocket, with nothing else. I will also take it out and set it on the table, etc.

22. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Down the front of my pants to create that extra bulge look, lol.

23. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Usually front pocket. Sometimes on the table.

24. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Right front pocket - wear dress pants 90% of the time.

25. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

When I'm out on the town or having dinner with someone, my phone stays in the car. I do not want any distractions caused by my phone.