Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Front pocket of my jeans/pants. Doesn't really bother me when walking, but I do have to take it out when sitting down (car, table, whatever).

It's really not a problem except for one situation - the gym. Even there, the problem is not so much size, but rather weight of the thing, which keeps pulling my pants down. This is mostly solved by having BT headphones and just leaving the phone on my towel/next to whichever bench/machine I am using.

I kept switching between the 6S and the 6S+ for this reason, but life is just so much better with the big screen and the long lasting battery that it's worth the minor inconveniences.

Loco Emperor

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
I wear skinny jeans tbh. It does leave a bulge. Especially with the life proof case on which makes it even worse.

That being said I love the snug feel. It feels secure. My phone is fine and able to be pulled out easily when I need to use it.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I keep it in the back pocket of my small sized purse or in a flip belt when exercising or in a my back pocket. Pockets are the worst for me as I don't use them often and tend to forget it's there.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
2016-06-01-15-50-05-jpg.638624
Hahaha

I've been doing pockets up to now, but I'm seriously considering the belt holster route. I'm old enough that I don't care what it looks like anymore.
LMAO

Down the front of my pants to create that extra bulge look, lol.
I'm dying.

Last edited:

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
I take my 6plus everywhere I go but the Otterbox Defender case make the already large 6plus absurdly large. It won't fit in any of my clothes pockets. It almost fits into cargo pockets but not quite. it will fit in cold weather coat pockets but that's about it.

I don't use a pad, nor notebook, for the same reasons and I figured I at home I would do common tasks on my phone but anything with a lot of huge site pages I simply cannot tolerate on a mobile device so, BAM!, I fire up the cad/cam/gaming desktop. The new screen is a fraction the size of a cineplex. :rolleyes:

For a short period I used my phone with no case and I absolutely love the phone but an unprotected state scares the heck out of me. If I had a minimalist case, such as a slim frame with no screen or button coverings, I believe I would pocket the 6plus more than I do now. Since I do cad/cam for a living I am considering manufacturing a case of my own design; something that really makes me think WOW when I look at it. I have access to 3 and 4 axis machining centers, sinker edm's and wire edm's so I am fairly sure I can manufacture just about anything I can dream up. I use to road race motorcycles and also owned Ducatis in my day so I am fairly familiar with aluminum and titanium. I have zero experience laying up carbon fiber nor do I care to learn about the CF process.

Who knows, perhaps I will sell them although I cannot promise they will be inexpensive. Unfortunately anything in manufacturing which has a high WOW factor is expensive.
;)

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Front pocket. I dont take out while driving either unless im using Waze or its charging.
I usually wear Buffalo brand and it fits fine in the front pockets.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
I take my 6plus everywhere I go but the Otterbox Defender case make the already large 6plus absurdly large. It won't fit in any of my clothes pockets. It almost fits into cargo pockets but not quite. it will fit in cold weather coat pockets but that's about it.

I don't use a pad, nor notebook, for the same reasons and I figured I at home I would do common tasks on my phone but anything with a lot of huge site pages I simply cannot tolerate on a mobile device so, BAM!, I fire up the cad/cam/gaming desktop. The new screen is a fraction the size of a cineplex. :rolleyes:

For a short period I used my phone with no case and I absolutely love the phone but an unprotected state scares the heck out of me. If I had a minimalist case, such as a slim frame with no screen or button coverings, I believe I would pocket the 6plus more than I do now. Since I do cad/cam for a living I am considering manufacturing a case of my own design; something that really makes me think WOW when I look at it. I have access to 3 and 4 axis machining centers, sinker edm's and wire edm's so I am fairly sure I can manufacture just about anything I can dream up. I use to road race motorcycles and also owned Ducatis in my day so I am fairly familiar with aluminum and titanium. I have zero experience laying up carbon fiber nor do I care to learn about the CF process.

Who knows, perhaps I will sell them although I cannot promise they will be inexpensive. Unfortunately anything in manufacturing which has a high WOW factor is expensive.
;)
OK, but where do you put it? :D

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
When I'm out on the town or having dinner with someone, my phone stays in the car. I do not want any distractions caused by my phone.

In this day and age, I don't think it's considered rude anymore to have your phone on you in such situations. I say, just put it in do not disturb mode, and obviously, don't pull it out and start texting or gaming during dinner. But of course, you didn't ask me so I'm just randomize putting in my 2 cents :D

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
Like some people here, front pocket. I wear skinny jeans most of the time & nothing happened. It may be uncomfortable at some points but still managable.

Oh & i have a case on (always have)

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Read another similar post over a year ago (Which pocket do you put your iPhone) and I thought how silly of a question when the responses are all over the map. To the OP, put anywhere where it will be safe. We are all different, different sizes, different clothing, etc.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Usually just sits on my desk or at the table. If it's situation where it's not appropriate for a phone on the table, front pocket usually does or i slip under my leg. Front pocket when at bars/clubs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.