iPhone 11 64 GB

JLH81

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Hello,

Did anyone on here opt for the 64 GB iPhone 11? I ended up going with the 256GB, but was wondering if anyone went with the 64. If so, how many GB's do you currently have used up?

I suppose I COULD go with a 64GB, I would just have to use the Cloud more.

scubatopy

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2018
I went with 128 Gb, maybe 256 Gb option was better . Surely 64 Gb was not enough for me and all my Apps/pics/songs/movies.
BTW my iCloud has 200 Gb storage, 50 still available

Last edited:

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I've bought two phones and two iPads in the past year and a half. I've looked at how much storage I use. It's changed for me because a great deal of what used to be local is either in someone's cloud or streamed. 64GB works very well for me on both platforms, and I'd hate to pay the premium for storage I'll never use. YMMV, of course, but take a look at what you're actually using.
[doublepost=1568714219][/doublepost]
View attachment 859194

iCloud Storage 200GB
I ordered the iPhone Pro with 64GB.
My phone isn't quite that free, but that's the general idea.

colonelbutt

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2007
London
64gb is fine for me, and yes I use photos, why ?
1. I don't use Netflix downloads on my phone - I use my iPad for that, so need need here
2. WhatsApp is the biggest single database, but even this is only around 3gb - plenty of room to grow
3. I dont need more then 10gb of music at any one time
4. I have setting to automatically upload photos and videos to icloud, I also use the "optimise iphone storage" switch. This means that despite having 10000s photos, the actual iphone storage is minimal
5. All apps have their iCloud switch on
6. I regularly prune apps I am not using
7. I set flag in General->iphone storage->offload unused app to Enable

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Really wish they went with 128gb option for the pro also.
I agree, that's a big jump.
[doublepost=1568714693][/doublepost]
64gb is fine for me, and yes I use photos, why ?
1. I don't use Netflix downloads on my phone - I use my iPad for that, so need need here
2. WhatsApp is the biggest single database, but even this is only around 3gb - plenty of room to grow
3. I dont need more then 10gb of music at any one time
4. I have setting to automatically upload photos and videos to icloud, I also use the "optimise iphone storage" switch. This means that despite having 10000s photos, the actual iphone storage is minimal
5. All apps have their iCloud switch on
6. I regularly prune apps I am not using
7. I set flag in General->iphone storage->offload unused app to Enable
I had some games that I deleted that were big space consumers. At this point I think "Health" is my largest app, when you include the stored data. I'm not sure why...one thing I think that contributes to that is saved EKG readings. I may delete some of them and see what happens.

Reactions: Kordinekl

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
I have 20gb of space free on my 64gb iPhone 8, so I’m hoping 64gb will be fine for me. I’m definitely not paying an extra £150 for more storage just because Apple made the controversial decision to keep the base at 64gb!

Reactions: Kordinekl

Enad

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2009
I have less than 40 gb on my 7plus, out of 128gb. I ordered the 64 gb pro and should be fine

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
I dont think we need 256 GB if we have icloud backup , and iphone release every yrs , so if you are available around 30GB , you are good to continue buying 64GB on pro 11

if you under 10GB then jump to option 256gb

same like i now 64gb and use only 30gb

i will buy 256 gb next yrs 2020
big upgrade ,

Kordinekl

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Germany
Can someone explain me how the iCloud Photo Library exactly works?
What’s the resolution of a photo on the device with optimized storage?
And when does the high resolution photo leave the iPhone to get stored in the cloud?
I have over 11.000 photos stored on my iPhone but the photo storage is at 2GB.

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
I’ve always purchased upgraded memory, usually the middle tier. However, I was already faced with the dilemma of choosing between the 11 (and losing telephoto and the OLED screen) at 128 GB, or the 11 Pro at 256. The price difference between them was too much to swallow, so I decided to see if I could live with 64 GB on the 11 Pro. I had about 190 GB used on my Xs Max when I started the process.

I began by going through every app I had, and I hadn’t used it lately, it got the axe. That alone cut my storage down significantly. I then removed the two biggest storage hogs, a third party music player called Neutron that used a ton of local storage holding FLAC files, and several downloaded movies on the Apple TV app. The last big step was to set my iMessage to delete messages older than a year old. By the time I got rid of all of that, I was looking at 30 GB! Not 30 GB removed, 30 GB storage being used on the phone. This made me realize that with a little more active management of my phone’s apps, I could easily stay under 64 GB for the year or two I have the 11 Pro, and I went for a 64 GB Pro in silver. To me the telephoto lens was the biggest reason to pay the Pro premium, as I use the telephoto lens all the time.

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
Throughout the years, I've always been hearing that devices with a larger storing capacity are somehow slightly faster. Can anyone shed any light on this?

sdardoin

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Using 35.6 of 64 on my X.... had 128 on my 7+ and saw it was a waste. Apps and media are about the same usage. Media is about 6gb of music and podcasts. All my pics are backed up on Google photos.

sp44

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2006
I always bought more for also resale purposes. It seems trade-ins do not matter in regards to the amount of memory. You get the same value no matter the size.