64GB or 256GB iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psymac, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

X is packed with awesome feature which will require storage. You wont be able to use X to its full potential unless you have enough storage. Plus the peace of mind with 256GB otherwise you will always worry that do I have enough storage?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

True. It's better to have more storage than not enough. 256 GB is more than I would need, but the way iPhones are becoming today with media, videos and photos consuming a lot of storage, it's likely a safer bet.

3. KB24Slam macrumors member

KB24Slam

I see most of the users on here are opting for the 256GB and I'm just curious as to what is taking up all of that space on the phone. I'm not judging by any means, just curious. I have a 128GB iPhone 7 right now and I'm only using 32GB of space surprisingly. I take a decent amount of photos/video and have a good number of apps and music stored on the phone, I just can't imagine filling up the rest of the phone, especially with iCloud. I guess for photographers/videographers the higher storage space is a necessity. Anyway, can't wait to get the X with y'all next month!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017 ---
    Respectfully disagree with you. The X will be backordered 4-6 weeks within 30 seconds without a doubt. It will be like the 7 plus launch last year but worse.

4. coolbreeze2 macrumors regular

Oh no please let this not be true!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017 ---
    Oh no please let this not be true!

5. Jimpilot macrumors 6502

Jimpilot

I guess we’ll know soon enough how long the wait is.

I keep debating with myself. 64 will be enough but barely but it looks like most people are going for 256 so 64 may be more available.

Decisions Decisions

6. Azzurro macrumors regular

7. Jimpilot macrumors 6502

Jimpilot

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

A poll would be nice, I'm getting the 64GB silver

9. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 6502a

StaceyMJ86

I’m opting for the 256gb. I have a 256gb 7+ and have used 64gb so I might as well get more storage to be on the safe side. I’m always downloading apps (have 264) and music (584 songs) and have a ton of pictures (4,481) and videos (332), so I need lots of space.

10. cfs macrumors 6502a

I thought iPhones came with Apple warranty for a year, which is different than AppleCare. Am I mistaken?

11. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

256GB. You will run out of space if your recording a ton of videos, if not all the beautiful photos with little mini video clips you will be taking.

I don't see a need for Apple Care, don't get it. Save the $199.

12. RandyMass macrumors member

RandyMass

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would agree with this. If you're somebody that uses extensive media and has a lot of videos and photos, I would definitely suggest the 256 GB. Especially with Live photos and 4K video recording, it would be a safe bet. I think the only reason that most would opt for 64 GB, would be either to save money or Someone that doesn't require that much storage above that.

14. samer.forums macrumors newbie

15. cfs macrumors 6502a

For me 128 would be the sweet spot but I have to say that iCliud is helpful. Currently borrowed a 16gb 6 and I used iCloud and all of my 33,000 photos and 800 clips are viewable in photos library. Granted I have only 100mb left on phone but that is pretty powerful. This of course my work for people who need photos actually "on their device" but it's pretty powerful nonetheless.

16. Calleknug macrumors member

Spotify sync in highest quality takes up around 30GB for me alone on my 64GB iPhone 6S, would have synced more playlists if I could spare more space for it. Unlimited plans were launched recently in my country though (Sweden) so I may not need that many playlists synced going forward.

17. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

64GB for me. I use iCloud and Apple Music so I only need about 30GB of space. I am guessing they will make the most of the Space Grey 64 so that is what I am going for.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017 ---
    How so?

18. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It all depends on the supply and none of us know what that is going to be. No secret that Apple has had production problems. Lets hope they have enough for everyone but I doubt it.

19. SharepointGuy macrumors member

SharepointGuy

Granted when I made this comment, it was before the IPhone 8 release and thus I didn't know the real sales numbers. Now that we know roughly how many units the 8 / 8+ sold, I'm guessing if you pre-order within the first 15 minutes or so you can maybe get it on launch day and after that you'll see massive slippage.

20. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

That’s bad logic. How Apple wants you to think though.

If you can fit Everything on 64gb with room to spare. Buy 64.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Like I said ALL depends on Apple’s inventory and not a single one of us know what it will be. Everyone is guessing!

22. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Actually, I keep my iPhone for about 3 yrs. I don't need to be up on technology every year, so I require a lot of storage over the span of those years. That's my logic.

23. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

This makes complete sense. Being that you upgrade every few years, having more storage is better than having limited storage, seeing that you know you're logic about the future and your uses with how you store your media and photos.

24. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Nearly filled my 128GB so have to go with 256GB.

25. Arni99 macrumors 6502

Considering 1h video in 4k 60fps uses 24GB (400MB/min) I will choose the 256GB option.