Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hurricanes305

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
for those of you with 64's what could you possibly have on there that you need 64? i have a 32, and 17 is with music and i think thats overkill

bTaryag

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2009
for those of you with 64's what could you possibly have on there that you need 64? i have a 32, and 17 is with music and i think thats overkill

That's great for you that you use 17. There are other people in the world and some of them use a lot more than that!

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
The opinions of others doesn't really matter. I considered 64GB worthwhile but worth is always subjective and YMMV. You need to consider your specific needs wants rather than popular opinion.

Why does it matter to you? I'm currently using more than 32GB. I don't need your approval to do so. If 32 is overkill for you that's great. Don't confuse your needs/wants/preferences with everyone else's.

nas2344

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
CT
i would get the 64gb no question! i got the 8gb and i really wish i got something much bigger!

TechStooge

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
my other option i suppose is, my carrier ROGERS offers discounted out of warrenty phoens for customers who have lost there phones.

they have a motorola quench for 79 bucks
black berry bold or torch for 329.

no need to extend the contract or anything.

they come with a 90 day warrenty.

i know iphone is best but what do u guys think?

i guess when the iphone 5 comes out it would be a good excuse to upgrade from those phoens haha

LatinaC09

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Hmmm...that's a tough one there. I guess it's up to you if you wanna upgrade again soon. Personally I wouldnt go for any blackberrys or whatever the other one is.
Anyways on the matter of which size iPhone. Always go as big as you can afford. Your resale will be better. :D

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I have a 64...why because I have movies, pictures and music on my phone..Truly my life is on my phone. Besides I won a device of my choice up to $500 bucks so I might has well get the highest capacity when I used my upgrade.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
they have a motorola quench for 79 bucks
black berry bold or torch for 329.

If I were to pick one of the two I would buy the quench, just based on price. If you are going to throw $300 at the thing (referring to blackberry), you can get a used iPhone 4, which is a lot closer to what you were looking at originally (that being the 4S).

TechStooge

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
I have a 64...why because I have movies, pictures and music on my phone..Truly my life is on my phone. Besides I won a device of my choice up to $500 bucks so I might has well get the highest capacity when I used my upgrade.

true, unfornately i dont have that option...gotta pay full price for it XD

TechStooge

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
The 64GB's good for holding most of your media files. AND, if you plan to hold off buying the next iPhone.

yeah i was hoping to go from iphone 4 to 5 but unfornately, the 4 is gone and i thought if im buying the 4s outright, maybe go all out?

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
yeah i was hoping to go from iphone 4 to 5 but unfornately, the 4 is gone and i thought if im buying the 4s outright, maybe go all out?

I'd say go all out. I picked up a 16gb 4s on launch and my dad wants to get one with his upgrade. So he's going to buy mine and i'll pick up the 64gb. Going to have our first child in 5 weeks, so, i'd like to have as much storage for pics and videos as possible. Not having to convert my mp3's to 120, is a huge bonus too, but, storage for pics/vids will definitely be needed for me.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Also, for those with 16gig iPhones, it's easy to transfer pictures through the photobucket app if you don't want to use the space on your phone for storage. Just an option. Easy access and viewing.

There seems to be many alternatives to storing pics and music on your phone. It's just what the owner prefers.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I have the 32GB version and I wish I would of went with the 64GB version. You think 32GB is more than enough but after downloading a lot of apps, music, taking videos and pictures - it goes down fast.... REAL fast :eek:

So in other words, get the 64GB version and call it a day!

jmpnop

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
i guess im more contimplating if its worth 849 for buying it out right haha

For 16GB additional storage over the base-model, the cost is $100. But for $100 more over 32GB iPhone, you get 32GB more. If you're forking over $700, why not spend $100 more and get the best one?

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
If you can afford it, get 64 GB, the cameras and the large apps will take up space fast.

Just don't eat subway sandwiches or whatever you eat to save some costs.

Its either 16GB or 64GB. Either get the base model and save money or go all out and get the largest capacity.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
I always buy the highest capacity available.

I'm happy Apple finally released their phone w/ 64 GB storage. I do not like to compromise with my phone when I'm paying good money and I NEED those 1-2 GB games/movies and all my music with me.

This is the ultimate phone after all, right? :apple:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
For 16GB additional storage over the base-model, the cost is $100. But for $100 more over 32GB iPhone, you get 32GB more. If you're forking over $700, why not spend $100 more and get the best one?

Agreed. At those prices, I would spend the extra $100 and get the 64GB iPhone.

TechStooge

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
If you can pay the extra 100 I say get the 64gb just so you don't havw to worry about space

Agreed. At those prices, I would spend the extra $100 and get the 64GB iPhone.

true say..

thanks for ur opinions guys! sounds like the 64gb is way to go then!

the other thing i could ahve considered was i am "eligable" for an upgrade from my carrier ROGERS

the thing is though and some of you guys may be surprisd is i dont have "data" on my current plan.

ive been with rogers since 2004 and just kept what i had since then, and been paying 15 bucks a month. its now 25 cause i added unlimited texting but ive been pretty happy with paying that amount.

in terms of data, ive never had use for having internet everywhere. the main things ive been usng is music, calling and texting.

i wont lie having acess to facebook and a few other apps anywhere would be cool, but most of the time im in areas (home and university campus) where theres free wifi avaibale if i need it.

anyways, where im getting at is i could get the iphone for the discounted price for 369 i believe it was for the 64gb which is a considerable savings BUT AT THE COST of adding data to my plan (that or change it to an actual smarpthone plan) that would bring it to around a 50 dollar monthly payment for the cell phone.

The question im pondering is,

Should I buy the phone out right?

OR Double what im paying now for the discounted price for the iphone 4s. i believe the 32gb would be 250 something like that and the 64gb i know would be 369.

also this would extend my contract for another 3 years (canada has 3 year contracts which blows XD)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.