Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
White 64GB 4S here, upgraded from a Black 32GB 4 and before that, a white 32GB 3GS. Also have a 64GB iPad 2.

For me the upgrade to the 4S wouldn't have made sense if there was no increase in capacity. Besides, the video out capability of the 4S means it's better suited for carrying videos around and projecting them, which means more space is needed. And anyway, I didn't want to buy a lower capacity model and risk regretting it later. So, the 64GB was the one for me, so much so that the color was secondary: I got the White because that happened to the first 64GB available at the stores near me.

I also had a 60GB iPod from way back, and this is the first iPhone that could truly replace that old iPod.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
I have the 64gb and Thank God for icloud because I'd have about 14gb's left if I just put music straight on my iphone. Which I have yet to do. I do however have two movies I purchased that I havent bothered with yet but I'll get to them in time.

Most of my storage goes to pictures and apps. I have 15gbs in apps alone. Might as well use the retail. :cool:

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
i believe more space more battery longer , alot people in here get good battery just because buy big space iphone like 32/64 , alot people has suck battery because just get 16gb , if i have chance i will get 32 or 64 too

Absolute and utter rubbish. There is no correlation between storage capacity and battery life. :eek: :rolleyes:

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I have 64GB and I have ~500MB free... so... ya, I need it.

I think its worth it if you're willing to keep your iphone for a long time without switching at every model. If you're going to switch, might as well get the cheapest.

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
ok people dont believe it , then tell admin post a thread compare battery of
16/32/64 , alot user will post their result then we know what a different and why i mention that idea ,,,

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
ok people dont believe it , then tell admin post a thread compare battery of
16/32/64 , alot user will post their result then we know what a different and why i mention that idea ,,,

This is like asking people what color car they drive and then saying Blue cars have the least amount of problems because you asked a few and blue cars needed the least amount of repairs.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Went with the white 64gb to match my white 64gb iPad 2 :D

Same here. I've not used anywhere near full capacity but I have used over 32GB and will probably use more over the next year. I rather have too much then too little as you can't expand the storage capacity.

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
kkk ,,, nah

but my way is 32/64 is better ,,,,,

You didn't read my reply now did you?

The battery inside the iPhone 4S is the same no matter what size storage you get, so that is impossible that the higher storage lasts longer. It's simply not possible.

It's just a coincidence that you came to that conclusion. Maybe people listen to streamed music a lot more on the lower storage 4S which takes more battery streaming compared to playing them straight of the storage, but that doesn't mean that the higher storage devices lasts longer, because that's not under the same circumstances. You need to look further into you analyze, otherwise you can draw any conclusion you feel is right, but might not be near the truth. Which is spreading false information.

If you can't understand that, then i'd start thinking about not drawing such conclusions because you can't see the technical aspect of it to begin with.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
So after some long thinking, i've decided to get the 4s. I'm tempted to get the 64 GB white iPhone. Just out of curiousity, how many of you are using the 64GB iPhone?
I have one, but I don't need it. :) It's a complete waste of money having that much space!

That's just me, of course, and you never know what the future holds insofar as space requirements go.

Mackneezie

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Winchester, KY
I went from a 32gb iPhone 4 to a 16gb because my wife dropped hers in the toilet and I gave her my 32gb when then white iPhone came out. That killed me not having any space, so when the 4S came out I jumped on the 64gb. Currently have 15.9gb free on it. I love being able to have as many pictures of our daughter on the phone as well as no worries about how many apps, music, or videos. If you're like me and keep every picture/video the 64gb is for you!

Of course I got the white one to be different, but seems a lot of people went for the white iPhone now.

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
ok let make it clear .......

let count how many people got iphone 4S 16 GB has battery issue ?
let count how many people got iphone 4S 32/64 gb has battery issue ?

then we will see result

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
That's the most retarded test ever. Do you even know how each of them use their phones?

Some might be streaming all day...others may leave it in their pockets all day. They might all last the same amount of time, but some wish it was longer so they believe they have a battery problem.

Use some common sense, they all have the same battery.

then we will see result

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
That's the most retarded test ever. Do you even know how each of them use their phones?

Some might be streaming all day...others may leave it in their pockets all day. They might all last the same amount of time, but some wish it was longer so they believe they have a battery problem.

Use some common sense, they all have the same battery.

ok . ok . i'm give off , thanks

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden

then we will see result

You don't see the flaw in that, do you?
Like i explained to you earlier, which you obviously don't bother to read is that everyone uses their phone differently, so the only thing it proves is that people with less space on their 4S uses their phone more than the other guys, nothing else.

It's still the same battery, can you read this? They all use the exact same battery!!

Brazzy

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
I have the black 64 gb 4s. I have it almost completely full of music with 1 or 2 gigs of free space for pics/vids if needed. I love it.

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
64GB white. Always good to get more storage especially considering all the fun stuff you can fill the iPhone up with. Music, apps, e-books, videos not to mention photography and cam-cording. It's amazing how fast the iPhone can chomp through gigabytes when you are having fun.

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
why do alot people reply keep talking about storage good in 64 gb ?
we all know alot space is good to keep music/video

what about battery ? how long is it hold for you guy ?

does anyone catch up 7 hour yet ?

macfly4

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2011
I got some kickass headphones and wanted to convert most of my music to apple lossless so went from the 32 to 64. now the 64 only has 3 gigs free! but the music is delicious ;)

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
does anyone catch up 7 hour yet ?

You still don't get it. Depends on what you're doing. I have gotten much longer than 7 hours. If I play xm radio app on it, I all day I still get over 8 hours. I go work and leave XM on all day.

If I don't turn on the radio and leave it in my pocket all day, I bet I'd get 24 hours.

Also, If I watch netflix, I bet I probably wouldn't get 6 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.