6S/6s+ glass protector discussion [Merged]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ricktat, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

I don't mean edge to edge. I just mean something that covers the display area without bubbling/not adhering on the sides.

Last year the Zagg glass worked on my 6 but now the Zagg is wider and has the issue on both sides.

The Spigen was too thin last year but is now the same dimensions as the current Zagg.

Anker had the same issue.

Several no name brands also had the issue.

I am currently using a anti glare plastic that fits perfectly but want to go back to glass.

Also, I am anal about this. Some have posted photos claiming they fit and the sides aren't adhered.

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I'm using iFlash that I bought on Amazon. 3 glass screen protectors for $9.99. Being such a bargain, I decided to try it and it fits great. I had the zagg for the 6 and numerous replacements due to the cracking issues on the edges. This one is superior and works well with 3D Touch.

3. fsumom macrumors regular

I'm using a Maxboost tempered glass protector on my 6s. What do you mean when sides don't adhere? On this one, the sides are 'raised' a bit but isn't that typical as it's tempered glass? The one con I can see is that at times particles get stuck right at the edges of the glass but not under it as it's laying flat on the screen.

4. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes. This is the part I am talking about. The side look like the are bubbled all the way down both sides.

I have also tried Maxboost and above I flash with the same results.

5. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Anyone find a good FULL glass screen protector? That isn't $40?

6. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

7. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

8. oxbabypoohxo macrumors newbie

I would like to know this as well. Cinder is so expensive.... :(

9. ZipZap macrumors 601

Im very happy with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SC504Z6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

10. pcmike macrumors regular

pcmike

I've found that with the Maxboost if you are careful to align it properly the first time and do NOT lift the protector up at all during the installation process to realign it, that it seals perfect and you don't get those bubbles as you took a picture of along the sides. Also, you should apply some pressure to the edges after installing the glass to make sure it's adhered properly. I installed four of them on four different phones on Friday, so I got pretty good at it. For the price, they can't be beat in my opinion.

11. applecrazygeek macrumors newbie

applecrazygeek

check amazon their are pretty decent one's listed there.

12. Azzin macrumors 68040

I went (as I always do) with MediaDevil for my 6S+.

Great products and great 'real people' customer service.

13. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Ok. I tried 3 different Zagg glass screen protectors. I installed two of them myself, and also had a rep at the AT&T store try and install the Zagg, and they all had the same problem where the sides would not adhere properly leaving sort of an air bubble line around the edges all around. Overall it did not look good. The rep at the store didn't even charge me for the install and just took the glass right back off.

I tried two Spigens and also the same problem. Good thing they were only $1.60 each. Not a major loss.

I went to the Apple Store and spotted this one

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/H...nvisiglass-screen-protector-for-iphone-6-plus

Which is way overpriced. I had the apple agent install it and the thing seems to adhere properly all around the screen and it's very case friendly. It's not tempered glass but Belkin says its "flexible glass" at 0.02 mm. 3D Touch works perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised.

I guess Zagg needs a revised version for the 6S? Idk but the 6 version just doesn't seem to work on the 6S for whatever reason.

14. Henno89 macrumors member

I ordered a Spigen Glas.tR SLIM and tried to properly install it yesterday on my new 6s. I am pretty sure that I did everything right, however the protector doesn't stick to the screen on both sides... The seal is not perfect at all around the edges and on top of this there is a lot of dust sticking to the edges now... The screen was absolutely clean and dust-free (used the supplied and very nice "dust remover").

Foto 27.09.15, 11 26 44.jpg Foto 27.09.15, 11 26 58.jpg

I'm not happy at all with this look... I guess, if I tried to reapply the glass I would only make things worse. IMO this is a faulty product and I will try to get a replacement (it was 10 € here in germany).

However, I absolutely love the feel of the tempered glass protector - on my 5s and the 4 before that I only used film protectors.

15. fsumom macrumors regular

Agreed. I don't have any bubbles on my Maxboost. It's completely adhered to the screen.

16. leoes macrumors member

17. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Cinder fits perfect, a bit expensive, but well worth it.

18. caligurl, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i thought it was just me since this was our first glass protectors.... but i guess it's the product....

ya... LOVE the feel of the glass (the film one on my iPad mini feels sticky now that i've used glass on the phone!) but ha the gray line all around it....

i think i'm going to return them to amazon! since i don't feel they lived up to what they are supposed to be!

now i need to find a replacement!

19. willmtaylor, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What about Cupert's Eclipse?

20. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

Lets see.

21. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I looked at this, and it specifically shows the gap on the edges.

Just ordered one. This looks like exactly what I want!

22. fsumom macrumors regular

I guess I'm just confused then. This is my first tempered glass protector. Seeing as though it's tempered glass, wouldn't it be slightly raised? Like, I see what you mean by gap on the edges but it's laying on the screen. I can't see how anything could get under it but I can see how stuff could get stuck on the edges if that makes sense.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

When they first came out, there was a problem with cases pulling up the sides of the tempered glass, so many of the manufacturers started making them slightly smaller around so that case "lips" wouldn't pull them up. So part of it depends on your case choice.

They are, indeed, slightly raised, and the home button may feel funny, or you can put a sticky button on your home button to make it stick through.

24. leoes macrumors member

25. leoes macrumors member

I like it a lot. I usually go with Tech Armor because of their warranty, but haven't like either of the 2 versions of their Edge to Edge protectors. I think this one is perfect and you can't beat the price.