6s v. 6s+ Battery Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dalthicks, Sep 29, 2015.

1. dalthicks, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

dalthicks macrumors member

dalthicks

Do we have any sufficient comparisons yet in terms of battery? I'm on the fence as far as which device I want. I'm currently on an iPhone 5. If it is as drastic as everyone claims, I'm on board. I would just like to see it first. Thanks!

2. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I can say I use mine pretty much all day whether searching the web listening to music walking around campus from class to class and normally last me day and a half to 2 days.. iPhone 6s+ 64gb

3. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

My 6Plus battery lasted several days with fairly heavy internet/music and moderate gaming usage. My new 6S battery life has significantly improved since getting it at launch and even in the last 24 hours, but is nowhere near the battery life of last years Plus.

4. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

8+ hours of usage and 32+ hours of standby so far on my 6s.. Pretty satisfied with that considering how fast the 6s battery is supposed to drain.. I'm probably not a hardcore user.. Most of my usage is Apple Music and a few games i've been playing.

5. dalthicks thread starter macrumors member

dalthicks

Days?? Goodness. That is pretty impressive. I've never been able to get that out of my 5. With pretty heavy internet and music, I'm lucky to make it past 3pm.

6. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I carry a portable charger with me to work and school and once I had that 1 percent I plug mine in. Do so any time it needs a charge (hardly ever use my house or anything to charge anymore) and normally get at minimum 36 hours of use out of mine

7. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Took it off last night around 7 and have been using it all night except the few hours of sleeping and still have 60 percent left. And have music playing all of the time and always searching the web

8. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Anyone with 6S have battery usage input? I assume these are mainly 6S+ users so far?

9. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

Usually about a day and a half and 2 days if I pushed it more than normal. The 6s is still less than a week old and with any new phone, for me at any rate, I seem get much better battery life after the first week. It even seems much better today than it did yesterday. Today 58% at 2pm whereas yesterday plugged it in mid morning when it hit 30%.

10. dalthicks thread starter macrumors member

dalthicks

That's good to hear. What storage option are you using? My final thing to narrow down is 64GB or 128GB

11. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Battery life has been great for me so far. 6s+ 64GB. Currently at 16% battery, 7 hours, 46 minutes usage, 46 hours, 10 minutes standby.

I never got anything remotely near this on my 6 (regular 6). I'm impressed with the battery life to say the least.

12. dalthicks thread starter macrumors member

dalthicks

Wow, that is definitely impressive. On average, how often are you plugging in to get a full charge? It is so un-ordinary to me simply because I'm used to charging throughout the day and getting a full charge at night.

13. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I am right up there with you..
    50% left, 5 hr 6 minutes of usage, and 23 hours of standby..

14. supervelous macrumors 6502

I just took my 6S Plus battery down to 1%. It lasted 26 hours on standby, 8 hours 5 min of usage. Usage was gps for about an hour with waze. Lots of music. Email. Lots of texting and moderate web browsing and face booking.

It seems to be a little less than my 6 Plus but not by a ton.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I get the same battery life on my 6s plus as I did with my 6 plus. Wife the same as her 6 on her new 6s. I think battery life is pretty much the same as it was.

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6+ and 6S+ have virtually identical battery life so I would assume that the smaller models do as well. The Plus gets a good 9-11 hours of heavy usage whilst the smaller phone will get two or three hours less.

17. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I had the 6 last year, so I was charging nightly. I charged the phone in full on Sunday. Took it off the charger around 3pm and it's still going. I just turned on low power mode since I'll be at work for 3+ more hours and want to make sure it lasts until I get home.

The battery life is definitely awesome so far. I'm expecting 9-10 hours of usage and 52-55 hours of standby on this charge alone. That's incredible in my book.

18. dalthicks thread starter macrumors member

dalthicks

Coming from someone who hasn't had a phone past the iPhone 5, I am simply blown away. I didn't even know it was possible.

19. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I went with 128gb this year after not filling up 64gb with the plus last year. The larger phone was not very portable so I did not use it for pictures like I have on every other phone before that. I plan on making use of the live photo option with the S download more music and movies.

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

my last charge

15 hours usage
    33 hours standby

currently

3 hours, 50 mins usage
    6 hours standby

78% left

21. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

15 hours usage lol. You are not a heavy user ;)

22. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Ha not at all

23. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Here is my 6S after a full day. Was mostly on wifi though.

Attached Files:

24. B's iPhone macrumors member

B's iPhone

My 6s has been pretty damn good on battery.
    A good improvement from the standard 6.

25. kevroc macrumors 6502

The 6 PLUS battery life (and I'm assuming the 6s Plus as well) is truly epic battery life. A lot of times I would go to bed and the phone would be at 70-80% battery life.

I'd go for the regular 6s, but just afraid I'd be dissapointed. Plugging in during the day just isn't an option for me, and neither is being without a phone. If I had to go into "low power" mode I'd be looking for a new phone...