6s yellow tint

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
It's a slight yellow tint on mine... The 6ers are more blueish...

Always a surprise with new iPhones....

Reactions: AleXXXa

trevolly

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Same here, holding them side to side white screens are slightly yellower than the iPhone 6.

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
First thing I checked, and I'm happy to report my screen is just slightly cool, which is what I prefer! Hope you get what you want without too many swaps.
I'm happy with the temperature of my 6s+ display as well (slightly cooler than my iPhone 5s).

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
I doubt this will go away... I mean it's not that ugly and mostly notable in side by side comparison... But as always... It's hard for me to accept this... I like the blue one better..

I don't know why they use two different display types

Surf Donkey

Suspended
May 12, 2015
Phone hot? Let it settle for a few hours
Battery life bad? Give it a few charge cycles
Screen yellow? Give it a week or so to cure (apparently this is not true)

With every new release, update, etc all three of these get posted. What is the common answer.....chill. Have some patience, enjoy your device. These things usually always resolve with a little bit of usage.

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My iPhone 4 display was spot-on, my i5 was yellow and my 6+ was a creamy slightly yellow affair. They're all different unfortunately and some folk are lucky to get a perfect one. I would only swap if the display was uneven, had dead pixels or it was deep yellow.

bevsb2

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2012
My 6S has a slightly warmer white (not yellow) screen when held side to side with my 6. I didn't notice anything until I saw this post and of course had to check. My 6S screen is fine and I'm very happy with it and the phone in general.
My mini 4 has a warmer white screen than my Air 2 only noticeable side to side making the mini look slightly yellow. When I use the mini for a short time away from the Air 2 the screen looks bright white again.

Reactions: pscl

PepsiCola

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2015
My 6S shows the yellow tint. But worse the top left 1/4 of the display is quite a bit darker than the rest, it's really noticeable especially on the initial all-white setup screens. Return.

Reactions: Squuiid

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Phone hot? Let it settle for a few hours
Battery life bad? Give it a few charge cycles
Screen yellow? Give it a week or so to cure

With every new release, update, etc all three of these get posted. What is the common answer.....chill. Have some patience, enjoy your device. These things usually always resolve with a little bit of usage.
Why would it be better in a week when others are blueish from the beginning... makes no sense to me

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
My screen is pretty close to perfect. Or at least it is to my eyes. My iPad Air 2 has a blue tint, so my iPhone 6s is a little yellower in comparison, but I can't complain!

Reactions: pscl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.