7.0.3 Animations problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by RandomGuy26, Oct 22, 2013.

1. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

it seems like on my 5S there are no more animations for closing the apps ?

it just dissolves out on pressing the home button.. same with everyone,.. or just a bug ?

2. !GS51! macrumors regular

Its the new reduce motion setting, you probably have it on. Turn it off for older animations.

3. ominx macrumors 6502

"Animations problem"? I like it. A lot. This seems more like a feature to me. Makes iOS 7 so much more snappier.

Sorry. Had to.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think the bigger point is you can it have it the old way or the new way, so those who liked how it was still get it, and those who didn't now at least have a way to more or less remove the extraneous animations.

5. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

I am pleasently surprised that users are given the option! Way to be Apple.

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Exactly. With Reduced Motion on it seems really odd now I had gotten so used to all the animations.

7. fardeenah macrumors regular

there is still some graphical glitch heer and there when u turn the device on and off atleast on my iphone 4s. but its kinda weird not with the fade in and fade out instead of zoom in and out, kinda got used to old one.

8. leo.andres.21 macrumors regular

I am actually extremely pleased with this reduced motion and the temporary disappearance of the "Slide to Unlock" on my iPhone 5S.
    I can press my home button while keeping my finger on it and the phone unlocks itself in under a second! No waiting for animations, just straight to the home screen or whatever screen I was on. ;)

9. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Agreed! Fade in and out is quick under reduced motion and is faster while still keeping a degree of Apple elegance!

10. phixionalninja macrumors member

Almost, but unfortunately not quite. Previously, the "reduce motion" setting only disabled parallax, but not the zoom animation. Now it disables both. It's not a big deal, I'll get used to it, but I rather liked being able to have the zoom without parallax.

11. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Typical Apple.

Fix one problem, but in such a sloppy heavy handed way they just get rid of everything.

I think Apple just wants you to use Parallax... this basically forces you.

Parallax and slow animations or nothing at all.

12. Mr.Chow macrumors member

Mr.Chow

13. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Why on earth couldn't they just fix the animations lag at the end of the animations or make them faster? This dissolve thing looks super weird, plus on iPad 3 you still get the ugly bugs with the home screen when you guesture-close safari for instance..

14. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

This. It certainly isn't a problem. Animations are much better now in my opinion.

15. burgerking2 macrumors member

burgerking2

16. matttye macrumors 601

17. bozzykid macrumors 68020

You mean way to not be Apple by giving users an option. Btw, this is not a new option. It existed on the previous release.

18. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I liked the old animations but hated the motion effects. Guess I'm out of luck.

19. RandomGuy26 thread starter macrumors regular

+1

20. cleo1 macrumors regular

21. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

The app animations have been cut back when compared to the option enabled when on 7.0.2. And yes, that was my point. It's a nice change of pace.

----------

Who has an issue with the parallax?.. serious question. I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it. Many people I have talked to have iOS 7 and didn't even know about it.

22. RandomGuy26 thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder if it reduces battery life though... if i dont even notice it, i dont want it to consume any battery..

23. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

The previous animations were the bug. Now they fixed it.

24. SA Spyder macrumors regular

The only thing faster (and by a tiny bit) is phone unlock. Apps open in exactly the same time.

25. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

It was never a matter of speed for me. I thought it was fast enough before. I just found the animations very irritating. Now they fixed it.