7.0.3 'Slide to Power Off' graphics corruption

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rossip, Oct 22, 2013.

1. rossip macrumors regular

I just updated my iPhone 5c to iOS 7.0.3. I notice now there is a small amount of graphics corruption in the right side of the 'slide to power off' bar when you slide to power off and turn off your device. Can anyone else confirm this?

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

you mean like a small white stripe when the device is about to shutdown ? I just tried it on my 5s and thats the only thing i see. Doesnt seem like a big deal though

3. rossip thread starter macrumors regular

Located on the right side of the red button about a finger width in size? If that's what your seeing, then it's probably the same thing. I noticed it does not show up on my mom's 5c still running 7.0.2. I just wanted to make sure it's not a specific issue with my iPhone :)

4. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

it's a very big deal, especially to those who were flipping out about centering "1" on the calendar

:rolleyes:

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

6. rossip thread starter macrumors regular

lol I don't know how, If you've noticed a change from 7.0.2 then I'm sure that's what we are seeing.

----------

All kidding aside, are you noticing it too ziggie?

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Out of curiosity I tried a 5s and didn't see anything. It would be interesting to see if you can get a pic or video of it.

8. rossip thread starter macrumors regular

I can't tonight, hopefully it's a widespread 'issue' and someone else can upload a video/picture.

Can anyone else confirm this?

9. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

I noticed something odd the first time I powered off the phone but now I have 4 line corners that appear. Two at the top corners of the slider to power off bar and two more at the bottom corners of cancel bar.

10. rossip thread starter macrumors regular

ok, and are you on an iPhone 5? Are you running with reduced motion on? I noticed the lines on the top red bar but not the bottom. I'm beginning to believe it's probably a bug in 7.0.3 that everyone has.

I would more accurately describe them as maybe two little squares in the far right of the red power off button.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't see anything weird on the power off screen on iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.3 (with reduce motion enabled, in case the plays a difference of some sort).

12. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

yea I see it

----------

its shown after you slide the bar and right before the shutdown

13. rossip thread starter macrumors regular

try turning it off again, only seems to happen sometimes

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Anyone got a screenshot or a picture/video perhaps?

15. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Yes iphone 5 with reduced motion on but happens with it off also. I'm noticing another graphical glitch. When choosing an app from the multi tasking area, around the edges of the screen it sometimes flickers white. I think I'll do a clean restore to see if it helps.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Ah, didn't realize you actually had to turn off the phone to see it. Yeah, I did see kind of a bulky white square at the right end of the red power off button when I slid the text over--kind of like some sort of text zooming happened and it got over-pixelated on the last few parts of the text that was moved over.

Just did it again very slowly and even after the text is off the screen then after letting go of the screen a small right part of the red button flashes white before the phone goes to turn off.

17. rossip thread starter macrumors regular

OK, cool i'm going to assume it's happening for everybody, going to try to let my OCD rest on this 'issue' for tonight, thanks guys!

18. nearpass macrumors member

Happening to me, too.

19. Steven627 macrumors member

Steven627

20. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Lol, I'm not going to be affected: I never turn mi idevices off :D

21. fardeenah macrumors regular

22. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Not seeing it on my 4S.

23. gamesetmatch macrumors regular

gamesetmatch

Noticed the same on my iPhone 5. When sliding all the way to the right the power off rectangle, there's sort of a white flickering that lasts for about 2 seconds or so.

All the best,
    ^MPY.

24. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Ha. This. I don't think I've ever turned off any of my iPhones!